The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Power Balance (hologram technology)

I have a friend who sells them at the shop they work at and they can’t believe how popular they have been!

Not sure Mizu apparently they are not even trying to sell them, people are just coming into the shop and asking for them!

Regardless of if they work or not they have some dam good marketing strategies!

I actually noticed a bloke at work wearing one this afternoon.

He picked his up really cheap, and was told it may help him with his golf game. He hasn’t worn ot playing golf yet, but he will tomorrow, so I guess I’ll get a report on Monday.

I have one arriving on Monday. I’ll test it for a week and post my results here.

I have started wearing my Power Balance band today. I will update with results in about a week from now.

Also we have a few Power Balance bands to give away. Stay tuned for a contest, which we will announce very soon.

rider26 - 12 July 2010 07:59 AM

I have started wearing my Power Balance band today. I will update with results in about a week from now.

Also we have a few Power Balance bands to give away. Stay tuned for a contest, which we will announce very soon.

person who can stand on one leg the longest wins? or maybe handstands tongue laugh

haha you make an exremely valid point there..

maybe people post images/stories of their worst snowboard related injuries in order to win one.

Interesting to see how many people go into the contest because most think it is a scam! We will see all the cheapo’s out there who now want one because it is free!

Direct quote from Rider

All prizes are given on the condition you post feedback of your experience with Power Balance after one week of use. Please post feedback into this thread: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/801/P30/

I am the same as you Mizu would love to give one a try. Apparently they offer a money back Guarantee if the product doesn’t work, maybe they say that becuase it is impossible to prove it doesn’t work.

I have read a few reviews from athletes who say that it has helped with an injury, I have a stuffed ankle at the moment so would be interested to test it for that.

I was given a Power Balance Band 2 weeks ago. I have worked in the same building for the last 5 years without incident. Today I fell down the stairs. Maybe I had the band on upside down tongue laugh

If you believe in it, it will work.  There was an experiment where people were asked to make a shots on a green.  Half were given a putter by the experimenter and told that it was a good putter that had been sinking shots all day.  The other half were given the same putter and not told anything.  Guess which half did better.  I couldn’t find that article again but I found a similar one on luck

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/3304496/Be-lucky-its-an-easy-skill-to-learn.html

The placebo effect is strong so I guess you can’t really knock it.  However, if you know enough to realize the Power Balance is just a band on your wrist, then you are screwed. smile

I’ve heard that if you place the band around your apendage, it multiplies your bedroom perfomance by at least 3.

Is this true?

Couldn’t tell you, my girlfriend is in Canada for a few weeks.  LOL

LOL

hope those aren’t the ones you give away!