The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Power Balance (hologram technology)

Looks like they’re all over eBay at the moment for around $5.

At that price, it may be worth a try.

I’ll still let one of you have a crack first.  raspberry

rider26 - 14 June 2010 02:35 AM

I’ll let you know how my experiment goes.

I’m curious about that, so let us know.
Being in the medical field, I’m not sure what the scientific application is to it.

I’m reading through the “technology” portion of the website, and I’m agreeing with all they say about how the body has electrical impulses through all of it, that’s all true, in simple terms.
But the portion about blockages are a little bit of a stretch.
And the bit about keeping balance / harmony in those electrical pathways… I’m not buying that part.

Now, accupuncture and Reiki (if you buy into the reiki therapy at all) do approach these topics, with success, - again if you buy into those treatments. I’m more convinced by accupuncture than Reiki

This statement seems to be full of nonsense to me “Power BalanceĀ®, after years of research and development, has produced a system to safely restore and optimize the electro-magnetic balance within the human body… IMMEDIATELY.”
Because what I know about the body’s central nervous system and especially the electrical pathways in the heart, and how they work. Truthfully, the body maintains it’s own “electro-magnetic balance” between positive and negative cell (ion) charges. Every nerve impulse, either to feel pain or to move a muscle or organ to function is all a relationship between positive and negative charges that movel the impulse along it’s nerve pathway.

Oh well. I’m probably talking jubberish to you guys too, so I’ll hear what your experience is with it.

EDIT:
btw, the only thing that can change and restore your body’s electrical charges is a total shock to the body, like shock therapy for depression.

+1 has one of those power bracelets. We did those balance tests, etc and were “wowed”, but it was not enough to convince us to get one. In the end she got one as a gift. She rode with it in Heavenly this year-she reckoned it didn’t make any difference. At worse it did nothing. I think it retailled for $60 - if it wasn’t given to her for free we wouldn’t have bothered buying it

Any updates rider26?

I’ve been in touch with Power Balance. They are giving me one to test out so I can give you guys feedback. I haven’t received it yet but I will definitely post in here once I know more.

Good one, I have always said I would love to try one out to decide for myself lucky you!

After i get my power Balance Bracelet him also going to attach an Energy Polarizer to my board.
It has crystals in it that improve the performance and handling of your snowboard by aligning the molecules in it.

(insert sarcasm)

(sorry R.I.P. Peter Brock)

I took the plunge and bought one a few weeks ago. Was always pretty sceptical but tried the exercises in store and noticed a difference. I was still convinced that it was more due to the fact that in most cases, if you do something once, you will always perform better the second time. But with a 30 day money back guarantee, I thought, why the hell not and purchased. Does it work? It does for me. Does it do what they say it does? I’m not sure. All I know is that I feel better riding with it and do notice a difference. I tend to think its more mental, in that I know i’m wearing so I am more confident, but whatever it is, my performance is better so I’ll keep wearing it.

it all sounds like bull. their are a cuple of comments above that refute wat they claim and yea, prob or almost definitly a placebo..

funny how there is not one scientific test to prove it works. Just a couple of videos and ‘test’ that can be replicated by holding a rock.

Sounds totally ridiculous but you never know i guess. Curious to see what Rider says about it

I have one of the Power Balance bracelets.
It hasn’t helped with my flexability.
It hasn’t helped with my strength.
It has definitly helped with my Balance.
It has helped with my sleep. Whether i am going thru a good sleep pattern right now, who knows.
The better balance i have- i dont know whether that has helped me really in day to day living, but it has helped that.
Honestly, 50% of people are going to swear by them and the other 50% are going to tell you there crap. Its all up to the individual.

Tills - 17 June 2010 08:41 AM

Looks like they’re all over eBay at the moment for around $5.

At that price, it may be worth a try.

I’ll still let one of you have a crack first.  raspberry

There are heaps of fakes around. Make sure it the real thing. $5 sounds lik fakes to me.

spending some time on a balance board or doing yoga/taichi etc would be a better way of improving your balance

Mizu Kuma - 08 July 2010 05:53 AM

To all the crew that says it has improved ya ‘Balance’, please explain! Were ya tripin and fallin over stuff more easily before ya strapped one on? Do ya feel as though ya alignment with Jupiter has been calibrated to within the nearest micron?

Seriously explain and provide actual situations that you have been in, and benefits that you can honestly attribute to the bracelet. I just wanna get my head around what everyone describes ‘Balance’ as!

Agree would be nice to have examples of how it has helped with your balance. Funny how everyone who has one swears by them and everyone who hasn’t tried them thinks they are a scam!