The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Power Balance (hologram technology)

hahaha to the 2 above posts

Ohh man, I’m staying out of this one hahaha.  big surprise

So you got any reviews for us yet Rider?

Well, I’m one of those suckers that parted with some dosh. Both my +1 and I did the demo in store and for some reason it did seemingly work. I did the “stand on one leg, push the arm down” bit before I even new what was going on. Now, I’m a scientific technical type and generally sceptical of things without logic but the +1 convinced me to get one.

Does it have magical properties?

Tomorrow I think I will have a stab at jumping off the roof and flying. This band I believe will give me the power to do this, so it will be.

Failing this, I will be on snow in a few days and will see how much better life is with the band (particularly after jumping off the roof!)

grin

OK, so I’ve been wearing my Power Balance band for about two weeks now. I can’t conclusively say it works or doesn’t work just yet. Honestly, I haven’t tested it enough during sport, which is what I want to do. I’ll be snowboarding next week (hopefully), and I will update my opinions then.

So far I have noticed slightly better balance while rehabbing my groin with theraband. When I used to have to hold on to something while pulling my leg back in, I can now do this exercise without holding on to anything, balancing on one leg. Whether this is because my core has strengthened, I’m not sure, but it did happen fairly quickly after I started wearing the band.

I don’t think a placebo would effect me much in this situation, as I wasn’t really a believer to begin with. I went into this expecting it not to work. I will try to keep my observations as honest as possible.

Interested to hear from those who won one… How is it going for you?

rider26 - 13 July 2010 03:56 AM

Couldn’t tell you, my girlfriend is in Canada for a few weeks.  LOL

rider26 - 30 July 2010 06:00 AM

So far I have noticed slightly better balance while rehabbing my groin

Hmmmmm. Been missing her a little too much, Jeremy?  LOL

Tills - 30 July 2010 09:42 AM

quoted for posterity

Tills - 30 July 2010 09:42 AM

hahahaha good one!!

I think ‘I was rehabbing my groin’ is what you say if your mom walks in LOL

Power balance is the best thing out since skins!
I know I have a bachelor of applied science, but for this debate, I’m not going into any science behind the powerbalance, just my personal findings of the bracelet.
Since using the power balance, I have noticed significant improvements in my strength, my overall performance at the gym and on the soccer field. I have a lot more energy (unless I’m eating more carbs). In fact, that seems to be an understatement! One day I forgot to wear it. I felt flat and lethargic. Next day, back on, energy in full force. Coincidence? I don’t believe so. Placebo? I’d like to think not. Yet, no effect on my flexibility!
I now don’t leave the house for a session without my friendly hologram bracelet. Love it!

Wow! that’s a fair endorsement Jeremy!! Almost big enough to make me want to give one a go.

Did you wear it riding over the past few days? Any noticeable difference to your riding?

Wow I really thought you’d be getting back to us saying the band did nothing and was a gimmick!! Very surprising. Might have to try one out..

my mom tried it and is convinced that it makes her arthritis better. My wife tells me her neck feels really good ie it doesn’t crack so much

Doiiii!!!

I read Becky’s post afterwards, but I didn’t realise what she meant.  tongue laugh

I actually re-wrote that twice because the first attempts left me too open to quips