The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2011 ~INFO THREAD~

Conversation thread can be found in Mountains and Travel or HERE.

Original thread HERE.

Only post in this thread regarding activities, accommodation, cost, confirmation or interest etc.
I’m just trying to keep it tidy for management purposes.

Once posts are dealt with they’ll be moved to the conversation (jive talk) thread.
Anything useful in the jive talk thread can be re-posted here for attention or I will be active in Jive Talk.

BOARDWORLD SHRED 2011
September 12-18
Shred Weekend 16/17/18 SEPT

Demo’s

Headcams
Chemical Storm Snowboards
Burton

Shred Includes

HeadCam use for BWM Best Run comp. Comp running all of season 2011 (free headCam use only for BOARDWORLD MEMBERS)
Professional Photo and video shoots
Daily video screenings
Ullr Jam & Singalong feat:

K2 & the Teachers Pet

Prize Pool

Snowboard
(Chemical Storm ‘Octorocker’)
Headcam
Burton gear

+heaps more TBA

Activities

Dinner at Santes on Friday
Prize giving/presentation Saturday afternoon/evening

Comp Suggestions

Accommodation Rivalry:
In Your Face: K/O Trick Comp
Fancy dress:
Best Jib:
Best Air:
Fail award:
Best Slash:
Best Drop:
BWM pick:
Most improved (during Shred week/weekend)
Most commited

<colour=red>~River Inn~</colour>

information HERE

Oz Snow Adventures have come on board to support the Boardworld Shred. They are offering a special discounted package for the whole week or 20% off any of their other rates during the week of the Shred.

Accommodation is at the River Inn at Thredbo. This is seriously one of the best locations in Thredbo, right on the snow at the bottom of the Gunbarrel Chair (bottom of High Noon and Friday Flat runs).

The main deal is:
7 nights accommodation, 7 hot breakfasts, and 4 dinners. Price for the week is $475 (usual rate is $667, saving of almost $200). That rate is for their 4/5 share room.

Confirmed: 6
Rider26 (Jeremy)+Just Giver (Michelle)
Dan83+Rhi
Parkway Josh+Alison
Snowdragon?

~THE SHRED SHED~

Photobucket
$135 Stay as many days as you want!! 11th-18th
Accommodation Only
both Chalet and Studio for 7 nights is $2570. Sleeps ~20 = $128.50 ea. (need all 20 to pay for booking).
Chalet booked for weekend! (based on affordability re: payment taken)
Basement will be booked when enough is in my bank account

Payment
BSB: 802-124
Acc: 70128
Acc name: Sebanj
reference: shred (and your screen name!)

The Shred Shed is divided in 2 apartments; Doesn’t include linen (Blankets & Dooners are included)

Chalet (sleeps 13):
3 large bedrooms: bed1-Queen (available), bed2(girls room sleeps 5)-2 singles+tri bunk (1spot left-2 if bottom tri is shared), bed3-3 bunks (sleeps 6)(filled), Lounge room-sofa bed (available)

Studio (sleeps 5): apartment in Basement : 2 bunks, 1 tri-bunk

Total confirmed: 7

Weekend

K2 (bed3)
Jeff Pang (Chemical Storm) (bed3)
Chemical Storm (bed3)
Chemical Storm (bed3)
Billy (bed2)
Jensta (bed2)
Tjswish (bed3)
snowman
nyteskye(bed3)
nytesister(bed2)
Ozgirl

+Week

Tjswish (bed3)
snowman
nyteskye(bed3)
nytesister(bed2)

unconfirmed

deanobruce
Sukah+accountant
EKS
blizzard_22
shannon

~House of Ullr~

$210pp/2 nights/2 breakfast
with 20 booked price drops to $199.50ea)

Phone +61 (0)2 6457 6210
Fax +61 (0)2 6457 6116

Email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
URL http://houseofullr.com.au/index.html

Who’s In?

Mizu Kuma
fast eddie
Warren Chapstick
fatima4u

The Others

~TAH~ (Thredbo Alpine Hotel)
Azz/Tambo

~Jindy~
Jason2233

Lift Pass $155-2days (value season)   

LIST OF CONFIRMED SHRED PARTICIPANTS+dates!!!!!

Add ya name to this thread with your dates, so we know who’s made an effort ( cool smile ), and who hasn’tmad )!!!!

11th - 16th :

11th - 17th : rider26+Just Giver(RI)

11th - 18th : Warren(U), fatima(U), eddie(U), Mizu(U), tjswish(SS), Dan83+Rhi(RI), Parkway Josh+Alison(RI)

14th - 16th : Azz ‘n’ Tambo(TAH)

14-18 snowman(SS) UNCONFIRMED

13th - 18th nytesky+sister(SS) UNCONFIRMED

16th - 18th : Billy(SS), Jensta(SS), K2(SS), Jeff Pang (+2 CS crew)(SS)

18th snowdragon (day tripping)

Alternate Dates Here :
June - Oct :
spaz cool smile (little effort made) wink

Almost in
Ozgirl
Blizzard_22

Here’s the list of the unconfirmed (thinking about it).
If you are interested but can’t confirm - post your interest and you’ll be added to this list.
(so we can harras you as the date approaches) wink

chucky
Crackers
cords
dork
amakat
finney
jason2233
Brandy
Caboose
surferguy56
L.B.
BANGER and SDV
redjames

If by chance a miracle happens;
Slider

WE NEED SOME ACTION IN THE SIGN UP AREA!!!!!!  mad  GET YA NAME DOWN IN THE “UNCONFIRMED” IF YA THINKIN ABOUT IT!!!!!

~Lift Tickets Special Rate~
½ day is on your first day from 1pm (any day start)

5 or 5½ day
$322

7 or 7½ day
$449

6 or 6½ day
$386

2 day
$145

There is also 3 and 4 day options, kids ski free, lesson+lift, Thredboland/Freeriders(over 7yo)

If you tell me that the place can be booked for a week if we get X more people, I will collect that money and book it in this week.

And Nite and his Sister, Me and Snowman all are in for the week.

nyteskye - 01 July 2011 11:34 AM

s0o.. my sister and i are in.. [= 13-18 =D will send deposit to spaz soon [=.. wat bedding arrangements are left?

ty

I’ve put your sister in the girls room (bedroom 2 - on the bunk)
Photobucket

You in bedroom 3 with CScrew and TJ
Photobucket

Mizu Kuma - 05 June 2011 01:41 AM

A comp idea for the Shred!!!!!

The “Dash 2 Duck Pond”

A circuit where ya have to down a beer at the bar, race up and through the village, wearin only Ugg Boots and Boardies/Swimmers, do a lap of the Duck Pond, then up to the Hotel for a second round!!!!!

Repeat if willing!!!!!

blizzard_22 - 01 June 2011 07:32 AM

spaz how much would it be for one night in the shred shed?! pref the Saturday night when the dinner is planned.

Im happy to bunk with Billy like she mentioned earlier

Same price for one night or 7.
It’s still cheap for one night.

currently poor as a motherf*#er due to paying for airfares buuut am expressing my interest in staying at the shed for the last sat night( riding sat 17th +sun 18th)

will hopefully have a the whole payment in your bank account by the end of this week spaz.

spaz - 03 July 2011 06:53 AM

spaz how much would it be for one night in the shred shed?! pref the Saturday night when the dinner is planned.

Don’t forget that the dinner will most likely be the Friday night, blizz and deano!!!!

If ya try for around the 7-7:30 pm like K2, Billy and Jensta we can hold off with pre dinner drinks till yas get there!!!! And if I’m passed out under the table when ya arrive, I’ll just say howdy on sat mornin!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 04 July 2011 11:59 PM

Don’t forget that the dinner will most likely be the Friday night, blizz and deano!!!!

If ya try for around the 7-7:30 pm like K2, Billy and Jensta we can hold off with pre dinner drinks till yas get there!!!! And if I’m passed out under the table when ya arrive, I’ll just say howdy on sat mornin!!!!

Leave work at lunch friday from Sydney, come down and eat up with us (won’t hurt yourself doing that) Then shred on Saturday and go home Sunday. Much more sensible than just staying the 1 night smile

Mizu Kuma - 04 July 2011 11:59 PM

I’m driving down Friday after work, but prolly not looking at getting into Thredbo until maybe 8 (depends if I can get out earlier, and get the Mrs sorted with a ride home from her work), and I’ll be headed back to Canbera Sunday Arvo.
What was the dinner venue again?

Its right in the heart of the Village, so ya can’t miss it!!!!!

Don’t eat lunch that day but, cause while it will set ya back 50 big ones, ya can eat ya own weight in food!!!!