The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2011

i know this prob should be in Mtn Thread - so if admins wanna move it go ahead, but wanted to get it out there

So the mudbo crew seem very tight on here - alot of Biased report IMO wink raspberry

those of you who choose to frequent Glorious PB put your Hand Up!!

maybe we can start getting regular slides happening

list your perceived ability/style of riding so we can get a feel of who would be good to slide with

above average rider, don’t go massive large in the the park
Cruising all over PB looking for natural hits or Piper Park i can be found

occasional Backcountry hike/camp can be on the cards

i will be down this weekend 23/24, flying Han Solo atm so need peeps to ride with

i think Blizzard and Nthbeachesguy will be around somewhere

usually hit Brumby’s or Jindy Bowlo for Dinner on sat & a few beers

Cheers

ohh

if you are thinking of heading down and wanna lift

can do pick ups from North Sydney to Parramatta Area on Friday night

have car, NSWNP pass, no accom booked as yet, but can be organised (somewhere cheap) if peeps wanna head down

all you need is your gear and petrol money

i do get up early and i don’t get absolutely smashed on Sat night (tool old now soz)

don’t mind riding with people of any ability, if you are a beginner, i will help you out, but i will leave you at sometime to go play, but will catch up later wink

If this was during August I’d totally be in! However I just got back from last weekend and can’t afford another trip right now…

So if you plan to do another trip in a few weeks, post again and I’ll try to scab a lift from North Sydney area (I live in Greenwich which is about 5-10 mins from North Sydney.)

TJ - of course u can afford another trip wink

you have all your gear don’t you?? - so it is only lift tickets, petrol and coffee/beer (or food) - very cheap accom wink
my work is in St Leonards
if you are around PM me sometime and we can hook up for a coffee or beer or something

I’m always around mate. I work in N-Syd so I could always jump on the motorbike and be back for lunch in St L smile.

Got my gear, but rent is due and I have like $50 apart from rent money lol. (+ I need to buy a new motorbike lol).

The main thing is that this weekend is going to be the best weekend at the snow since like 1950! :(

http://www.snowatch.com.au/1-7-day-snow-forecast.php

“Light S-SSW winds turning W during the day. Cloud clearing early to a mostly fine day.”

pfffft rent raspberry

lol

Haha… also sucks that i’m still mega sore from last weekend!

meh ... back on ya board!!!

Yep you know I’m there. A few drinks on Friday night, not sure where, but will be at either the LJ or Banjo’s on Saturday night to watch the Wallabies!

I just looked at my account and remembered that I put $500 on the credit card last week lol… I’m definitely out hmmm

Let us know if you end up going mid August and I’ll come with… I can save some dosh by then smile

Warren, fatima, gurnad maybe eddie and me, might be in Jindy Sat Night before headin up to Thredders for Sun!!!!!

Caboose, tell me more about about the cheap accom champ, a mate and I are struggling with it, I can afford to stay somewhere nice but I don’t want to spend the money and the backpackers is booked.  We’re currently considering a camping sojourn near Guthega somewhere that my mate has been told about.  I ride ok and from what I can tell from his pics from his season in Whistler last year he’s good.

i may head to perisher on the sat…anyone done the drive from melbourne to perisher before? whats it like? got mates i want to ride with on the sat but its soo much easier to just go falls/hotham…

nthnbeachesguy - 19 July 2011 04:44 AM

Caboose, tell me more about about the cheap accom champ, a mate and I are struggling with it, I can afford to stay somewhere nice but I don’t want to spend the money and the backpackers is booked.  We’re currently considering a camping sojourn near Guthega somewhere that my mate has been told about.  I ride ok and from what I can tell from his pics from his season in Whistler last year he’s good.

lol

i’m camping in the back of my car atm

places that aren’t too exxy

Station - think they are booked out
Kookaburra lodge
Ski Inn
Nettin Chalet (Acacia Motel)

deanobruce - 19 July 2011 04:47 AM

anyone done the drive from melbourne to perisher before? whats it like?

loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg wink