The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2011

even though i just forked out most of my money on airfares im pretty certain im going down for a day trip this weekend…

Well I’m heading down tonight with a mate from work, should be interesting, first time on the snow since Sept last year, not the only one in that boat I guess though!

true!  from what i have heard it is icey as sh!t, melted abit then froze again. let us know how it goes

Was great today, no ice to really speak of, did front valley and mt perisher, apparently bluecow was good, will hit that up tomorrow I think.

I ended up having a decent first trip, Saturday was really fun, lost the mate I went with on the first run of the day and didn’t see him again till the end, mostly his fault as for some unknown reason he chose not to take either of his two phones with him.  I found him standing next to the car at about 4:30pm at Bullocks Flat, looking decidedly the worse for wear.

Turns out he had dislocated his shoulder at about 10:30 in the morning and spent the rest of the day in the pub drowning his sorrows, it’s about the 3rd or 4th time he’s done it so not a major deal for him.

They had the snowboard demo weekend while we were there so I took the opportunity to demo the Lib Skunk Ape in 161 on Saturday.  Was very solid at speed but felt quite heavy and to be honest didn’t really do it for me.  The next day I jumped on a T Rice HP 157 and despite the fact that when I jumped on the scales last weekend I was tipping in at 119.5kgs in size 12 DC’s I absolutely loved it.  Basically straightlined a fair portion of the run from the midstation cafe and it was so solid, didn’t get squirrely and never felt like catching an edge.

As my mate wasn’t able to board on the Sunday I just went really to demo the T Rice, I wanted to have a crack on the Attack Banana but they only had that in 153 and I think the T Rice 157 was small enough.  Add to that it was windy as hell and cloud was hampering vision above the mid station I wasn’t too sorry to bail by about 11:30am.  All said and done it was a fun weekend and glad I went, just dunno wtf size board to go now, my only concern with the 157 is the waist width would cause issues off the groomers with heel/toe drag!

Couple of pics.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sounds like a good wknd beachesguy, beside your mate getting injured.

Could you try the Trice any bigger, 161 or something?? I also rode it briefly once and really liked it.

I also made it down this weekend. The only thing Perisher had going for itself was sunshine. Park entry fee’s and daily ticket was a joke. Long lines on quad and front valley with quite a few stoppages.

Ended up heading down the double on skiiers left of quad and had a few awesome runs through there. Prices are getting absurb….

Yea I think you should go with the 161.5 or 164.5 for the Rice since you’re 120 kg. Unless you’re using it purely for park/jib maybe.

Not planning on being 120kgs for much longer, want to sit at around 100kgs or thereabouts, I think that a decent weight for me these days.  The funny thing was I just couldn’t get over how good the board felt to ride, really light and responsive but solid at speed, didn’t really feel small at all.

Perisher Night Riding Park Edit

Anyone riding at Perisher tomorrow? I’m the guy in all back with a red beanie - come say hi!

Have a good one, AJ! Let us know how it is.

weekend was good for early july enough runs open to spread people out

can’t really ride off the groomer too far - kinda soft

looks like we are going to get spanked this week

Who’s heading down to PB?

Im not heading up until the July 22/23/24 weekend. Gonna be sick!

PARK UPDATE:

Jump line at Leichhardt