The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Buller 2011

Same again, but for Mt Buller! Post your pics/meet up details/trip reports/snow conditions etc etc here….

Definite dates for me this year are 19-21st August!

shaka

MEDIA RELEASE:

Banff Mountain Film Festival returns to Mt Buller

The Banff Mountain Film Festival will return to Mt Buller for the third time on Saturday 25th June, and is set to wow crowds again with another series of awe-inspiring films. Taking in more than 275 communities in 30 countries across the globe, the tour features a collection of films inspired by mountain culture - from skiing, snowboarding and ice-climbing to BASE jumping, mountain biking and the alpine environment.

The tour is produced by Mountain Culture at The Banff Centre in Canada, an organisation that promotes understanding, appreciation and education on the world’s mountain areas. The festival started in 1976, and each year a selection of the best films are chosen to tour the world. Mt Buller is the only Australian ski resort to host the Festival.

Events Manager for the Mt Buller and Mt Stirling Alpine Resort Management Board, Katie Bowker, is looking forward to Banff returning to Mt Buller. “The Banff Mountain Film Festival is a fantastic event, and we can’t wait to see what incredible films are in store for us this year. The films are always incredible, and Mt Buller is the perfect location for the festival.

“The Banff Mountain Film Festival at Buller is always a great night, and we have some great prizes up for grabs from sponsors including the National Geographic Adventure Channel, Sea to Summit, World Expeditions, Outer Edge Magazine, Icebreaker, Black Diamond and Vasque.”

Films will be shown at the Mt Buller Cinema, the only one of its kind at any Australian ski resort. Further information on the event and accommodation packages can be found by visiting mtbuller.com.au. Tickets are available for purchase through Mt Buller Resort Management by phoning 03 5777 6077 or online at http://www.banffaustralia.com.au, and group discounts are available on ticket purchases.

Hey hey! Anyone heading up this weekend, Sunday 26th? Come hit a few park laps? :D should be a decent weekend with the snow that fell during the week.

There is a rail jam on at Buller this weekend.

Not sure if it a day or night time gig or where it is.

Damn, gonna miss it >_<

mate is at buller today, said it was pretty damn icey but was softening up as the day went/sun hit the snow

I’ll be up Monday 4th

Whenever I’m on the internet I’ll be able to give some weather/condition reports!
Living up there for the season and working for BSL, when the snow eventually comes good and I finally move up there that is.

Good to have someone up there to give us the real deal!

Will be up there August 20-26. will have to catch up for a ride/drink

BURTON CATTLEMAN’S RAIL JAM 2011

Full details over here.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 29 June 2011 07:05 AM

Good to have someone up there to give us the real deal!

Will be up there August 20-26. will have to catch up for a ride/drink

Hopefully I’ll be able to give some accurate snow reports haha.

Sounds great!

hey guys. anyone know anywhere that offers budget accomodation on or off the mountain for weekends @ buller? In the past i’ve stayed at buller backpackers, melb uni lodge and a hotel down in mansfield($40 a night). Just looking at my options. Cheers

Anyone heading up to Buller this weekend? I’ll be there with a few mates Fri/Sat/Sun grin  should be an awesome weekend with the the way things are going atm! should have some solid cover smile

REPLICA FEATURE OF CATTLEMAN’S STAIR SET AT MT BULLER PARK

Sydney, Wednesday 13th July, 2011 – Today Burton Snowboards announces news that they have built a replica feature of Mt Buller’s famous Cattleman’s stair set. The official opening is set to take place this Friday 15th July at 2.30pm in Mt Buller Park.

With the Cattleman’s stair set in Mt Buller’s village square opening up once annually for the Cattleman’s Rail Jam, Burton’s goal was to create an exact replica of the stair set, giving every snowboarder the opportunity toride all season what has only been available to an elite few once a year.

“We hope that by building this feature we are able to help lift the level of riding to new limits during the Cattleman’s Rail Jam by providing riders something to practice and experiment on” said Paul Colby, Burton Brand Manager.

The qualifying event for this year’s 6th Annual Burton Cattleman’s Rail Jam will take place on the feature in Mt Buller Park from 12pm on Saturday 16th July. With 4 spots available for the main event, registration for a chance to qualify will take place at 9am in Freeride on Saturday with the main event set to kick off at 6pm that night in the village square.

Burton would like to thank Shane Serene from Revolution Action Sports Concepts who built the feature and the Mt Buller Park crew.