The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Buller 2011

Nice pic AJ!!! At least you gave it a go!

Hell yeah!!!!! 

You got the right to call it how ya saw it!!!! After all, your the one that rode it!!!!

shaka

Entries open for Peak Pics – Mt Buller’s own photo competition

Continuing Mt Buller’s passion for celebrating the beauty and inspiration of the mountains, the Mt Buller and Mt Stirling Alpine Resort Management Board (ARMB) has launched the inaugural Peak Pics photography competition and exhibition.

Open to photographers of all levels of experience from keen amateurs to professionals, Peak Pics consists of four categories under the theme ‘Loving the mountains’: Landscape, People, Action and Light.

Sixteen finalists will be chosen and their works mounted and framed then exhibited at the Mt Buller Cinema on Saturday 10th September, when the winners of each category will be announced. The display will then move to a permanent location for the remainder of the snow season. Prizes up for grabs include cash, Mt Buller gate entry season passes, and product giveaways from the Resort’s valued sponsors.

Events Manager for the Mt Buller and Mt Stirling ARMB, Katie Bowker, is excited about this new event for Mt Buller. “Peak Pics is a great opportunity for people to show off their photography skills and highlight the beauty of the mountains. We’ve already received some fantastic entries and I look forward to seeing plenty more incredible shots.

“The Peak Pics evening on September 10th will be incorporated into the Gala Festival Screening of the Mt Buller Short Film Festival, another great new event on the Mt Buller calendar. Filmmakers of all levels are encouraged to submit their short films based around the theme ‘Mountains’ for the chance to see their film on the big screen at the Mt Buller Cinema.”

Entry forms for Peak Pics can be downloaded from the Mt Buller website, mtbuller.com.au. Entries close on Monday 29th August at 5pm.

For information on the Mt Buller Short Film Festival including the event brief, rules, entry details are more, visit http://www.mtbsff.com.au.

Going up to buller tomoz for the day (sat) - let me know if anyone is going up!

Have a good one Billy!!!!!  shred

Buller for the next week from Sunday. Let me know if anyone’s going up??!

was contemplating going up today but couldnt be bothered/dont wanna spend the $$$

I should be there next Tuesday, 9th August with some blokes from work.

^ sure was crap conditions yesterday.  32cm base and wet with poor visibility.  Still, had a good enough time and had a good lesson where I was introduced to ollies, nollies, manuals and butters.

Residents of Mt Buller raid ski lockers in preparation for ‘80s Day 2011

Mt Buller will relive the fluorescent glory days of the 1980s on Saturday 3rd September, when the annual ‘80s Day celebrations hit the mountain.

Ski lockers across the mountain will be raided for relics from the days of fluoro one-pieces, headbands and sunglasses as staff and guests gear up for a fantastic day both on and off the slopes. The mountain will be dotted with skiers dressed to the theme, and the annual Buller Crew Cup ski race will also be held. The day will culminate in the ‘80s Après Party at the Ice Bar at the Mt Buller Chalet from 3pm, where a best-dressed competition is to be held and a DJ will pump out the hits of the era.

Event Manager for the Mt Buller and Mt Stirling Alpine Resort Management Board, Katie Bowker, said ‘80s Day is always a hit. “80s Day is a stand-out event on the Mt Buller calendar, and is a celebration of the incredible skiwear of the 1980s. The outfits we see on the day have to be seen to be believed – our motto is tighter, brighter, shinier, so there are plenty of laughs to be had.

“The ‘80s après party at the Ice Bar is a lot of fun, and there are some great prizes up for grabs for the best outfits. I can’t wait to see what ‘80s Day has in store this year!”

An ‘80s Movie Marathon will also be held on Friday 2nd from 6pm at the Mt Buller Cinema, with classic and ski-themed movies on the big screen for just $10 a ticket.

I’ll be there this w/e (and K2 as well) - let me know if anyone is up shaka

I’ll be there this w/e (and K2 as well) - let me know if anyone is up

Have an awesome time!  dance

Can you post on the conditions when you get back?  I really want to go next week but am freakin out (maybe unnessecarily?) about the warmer weather melting all the snow!  Not familiar enough with Buller to make heads or tails of the snow reports on Ski.com question

I’ll be there from sat night to friday so I can give daily updates of the (currently poor) conditions

Sweet!

Just got back…. I can honestly say it’s the worst I’ve ever seen it! Can’t believe they’re still charging full price for lift tix too.. Grrrrr michelle .... Holden express stopped working for a good chunk of the day and people had to hike up to get over to wombat etc…. Very icy, and hard to get an edge… If you fell over you’d know about it!

Plus there were 1,000,000 people there with interschools on and other day trippers… Lift lines were a nightmare! I called it a day very early on and went to the pub! billy