The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2011

This is the official Perisher thread for the 2011 season.

Please share your trip reports, snow reports, photos, and videos. Organise meet-ups and discuss anything and everything Perisher. It’s opening day of the season today and the cover looks great! They got another 5cm of fresh snow overnight!  cool grin

Who’s going to Perisher this season? I’ll be shredding Perisher at least a few times this season. Can’t wait to get down there!

Photo from a few days ago

im in love with the leichardt park so will be there a fair bit. but im stinging for blue cow to open. nothign like a full speed, zero turn run down the full length of rollercoaster….until you catch an edge

Heading down tonight with @cabletieperformance and crew… yay!

Awesome, have a great time down there! Please let us know how it is.  shaka

Opening Day Snow Report

looks alright so far…coem one more snow

We had a fantastic time at Perisher on the opening weekend.

I got Billy’d on the slopes!

Arrived around 11am on Friday and did the smart thing, turned on the slow cooker with dinner. (We were staying in a private lodge at Smiggin Holes) Head over for a couple runs on FV. Was very quiet which was nice. Snowed very lightly for most of Friday evening, woke up with a nice layer of snow over the car!

Saturday was a bit busier, still wasn’t too bad. Was astounded to come across a skiing ninja/witch! :-O

Was nice sitting at Jax during breaks and listening to the live music. The atmosphere was just great and everyone was having a good time. Saturday night back at the lodge included a very interesting game of Cranium! Your’s truly and a 14 year old won! Woot!

Sunday the weather was just horrible. Started off raining in the morning, but by the time we got the shuttle over to Perisher it had turned to snow. Unfortunately the weather also brought in a lot of fog. Visibility was at a minimum so we gave up after two runs and kicked back in the lodge for the afternoon.

Minimal visibility!

My better half shows his skills and builds an igloo with the kids

We were supposed to go home Sunday arvo but decided to hang around for one more night. Glad we did, who would have thought a group of adults could have so much fun with a $2 toy!? Now before you go thinking dirty thoughts (Mizu I am looking at YOU!) it was from Woolworths. A simple balloon and propeller. Took us a good half hour to work out how to use it, and 10 minutes to break it. We were all aeronautical engineers that night, throwing in our 2 cents on how it should work!

Rained again Sunday night so the car was very iced over on Monday morning. The icicles in the wheel wells and on my rear spoiler were cool though!

My rear spoiler icicles

I was stoked with my new board, very nice to slide on.  shred  Now if only the noob skiiers in the lift line hadn’t chipped the tail and dented the back edge mad

If opening weekend is anything to go by, we are in for a busy season. There is going to be a LOT of cops on the Highway as well. Stay safe this winter kiddies!

thats not too bad visibility! try boarding in a snowstorm where you cant see the front of your board…now that was no visibility!

on that note my missus prefers low visibility for some reason…

Least ya had fun Blizzard!!
I hope you yelled at the skiiers- hate when they run into my board in the lift line, like they’ll get forward any faster? If they are really annoying about it I’ll stomp on their ski tips cool mad

snowdragon - 17 June 2011 12:48 AM

Least ya had fun Blizzard!!
I hope you yelled at the skiiers- hate when they run into my board in the lift line, like they’ll get forward any faster? If they are really annoying about it I’ll stomp on their ski tips cool mad

Keep your board on edge vertically so there is less board to hit. And if they do, they are generally on rental skis so the only option is to get mad or forget it :(

nah i just push them over. the amount of times i have been run into/board run over in line is astounding. and im not trying to be racist but every single one of those times, it was an asian woman. EVERY TIME, i mean f*#k, how hard is it to control your sh*t when your rolling up to a lift line.

deep breathes…...thats my rant for today

deanobruce - 17 June 2011 02:05 AM

nah i just push them over. the amount of times i have been run into/board run over in line is astounding. and im not trying to be racist but every single one of those times, it was an asian woman. EVERY TIME, i mean f*#k, how hard is it to control your sh*t when your rolling up to a lift line.

You forgot the [/rant] LOL

What are you guys doin out on the snow when ya got a wedding comin up?????  mad

Get back into ya cotton wool, bubble wrapped shipping containers this instant!!!!!

(Oh, looks like ya had a greta start to the season!!!!!  cool smile )

Awesome trip report, Blizzard!  shaka

blizzard_22 - 17 June 2011 02:55 AM

You forgot the [/rant] LOL

haha thanks for the correction

Wouldn’t have happened to be in Japan, by any chance????  hmmm