The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Buller 2011

Just saw the replica on Facebook

That’s a serious feature!

That’s a whole world of hurt right there!!!!!!  gulp

wow, im def hitting that up on whenever i go there

You’ll have to get some footage/shots when ya do deano!!!!!

and will throw up some shots from the hospital after it also!

haha nah should be sweet, will make the missusshoot with my camera

I’m going up tonight for the weekend. Anyone else going?

deanobruce - 15 July 2011 02:32 AM

and will throw up some shots from the hospital after it also!

haha nah should be sweet, will make the missusshoot with my camera

Hahahaha!!!! Lookin forward to seein em!!!!! Not the hospital ones!!!!! Oh…........ maybe the hospital ones as well then!!!!!!

Rail Jam was pretty sweet. Lots of 270s on 270s off etc. Left early so not sure who won but the best trick I saw was; 50-50 on one of the top rails, then dropping healside to the down rail. Burton vid should be up soon.

So….tried the kink on the rail:

Oh no!!!!! Expensive trick AJ!!!!!

there is nothing about that set up that looks fun to me…...besides the fun in watching someone else attempt it!

AJ2theC - 16 July 2011 10:23 PM

Rail Jam was pretty sweet. Lots of 270s on 270s off etc. Left early so not sure who won but the best trick I saw was; 50-50 on one of the top rails, then dropping healside to the down rail. Burton vid should be up soon.

So….tried the kink on the rail:

riding park on a custom x???? you’re buttering your bread with a steak knife mate!

Would love to go to the event one day, looks like a good night! Sucks to see that happen to your board AJ!

Hahahahahhaa @ Gamblor.com.jp!!!!!

Gamblor - 17 July 2011 04:01 AM

riding park on a custom x???? you’re buttering your bread with a steak knife mate!

Yep, get that a lot. I know I’m going against the norm here but the ‘stiffest, lightest’ boards work best for me (sux they are the most exy). Noting your keen eye for boards, you would also know that that X is a few years old now, and it’s my board reserved for shenanigans and tomfoolery smile

Trying not to sound like a jerk here but the rail is not as bad as it looks. Camera angle makes it look gnarlier than it is. I tried to qualify for the comp. I was out of my league but wanted to have a crack anyways; was 30 of us going for 4 spots. Was really scared trying it for the first time but after that it was fine. The lip is higher than the rail so you can jump onto it ‘on axis’, if you know what I mean, and it’s also short enough so if anything goes wrong you’ll still clear it. There were heaps of spills but no one fell on the stairs.

Here’s a pic of me being rad: