The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2011

pfffft rent raspberry

lol

Haha… also sucks that i’m still mega sore from last weekend!

meh ... back on ya board!!!

Yep you know I’m there. A few drinks on Friday night, not sure where, but will be at either the LJ or Banjo’s on Saturday night to watch the Wallabies!

I just looked at my account and remembered that I put $500 on the credit card last week lol… I’m definitely out hmmm

Let us know if you end up going mid August and I’ll come with… I can save some dosh by then smile

Warren, fatima, gurnad maybe eddie and me, might be in Jindy Sat Night before headin up to Thredders for Sun!!!!!

Caboose, tell me more about about the cheap accom champ, a mate and I are struggling with it, I can afford to stay somewhere nice but I don’t want to spend the money and the backpackers is booked.  We’re currently considering a camping sojourn near Guthega somewhere that my mate has been told about.  I ride ok and from what I can tell from his pics from his season in Whistler last year he’s good.

i may head to perisher on the sat…anyone done the drive from melbourne to perisher before? whats it like? got mates i want to ride with on the sat but its soo much easier to just go falls/hotham…

nthnbeachesguy - 19 July 2011 04:44 AM

Caboose, tell me more about about the cheap accom champ, a mate and I are struggling with it, I can afford to stay somewhere nice but I don’t want to spend the money and the backpackers is booked.  We’re currently considering a camping sojourn near Guthega somewhere that my mate has been told about.  I ride ok and from what I can tell from his pics from his season in Whistler last year he’s good.

lol

i’m camping in the back of my car atm

places that aren’t too exxy

Station - think they are booked out
Kookaburra lodge
Ski Inn
Nettin Chalet (Acacia Motel)

deanobruce - 19 July 2011 04:47 AM

anyone done the drive from melbourne to perisher before? whats it like?

loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg wink

haha yeh i know, checked on google, 7hrs 42mins apparently….. fml

Caboose - 19 July 2011 05:04 AM
nthnbeachesguy - 19 July 2011 04:44 AM

lol

i’m camping in the back of my car atm

places that aren’t too exxy

Station - think they are booked out
Kookaburra lodge
Ski Inn
Nettin Chalet (Acacia Motel)

Ha ha ha, yeah fark it, I’m kinda keen on the camping idea myself, will mean we will probably bail from Syd about 3am rather then do 2 nights in the tent!  I seem to remember seeing a a camping in the snow thread a while back, might have to go find it!

champ

if you want showers and stuff there are 3 camping grounds

1 in jindy, 1 at the Shell and sawpit on way to PB

otherwise you have a camping ground a little bit down the guthega rd on ya left

I wouldn’t recommend going towards guthega this weekend unless you have a 4x4. With up to a metre of snow coming, that road will be covered and highly unlikely to be open at all…

nah, its only a km or 2 down the road