The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2013

WHEN DID I TRY AND DISCOURAGE DANNY???????

Far out Oz, settle.
I was just telling him to look into it as there are many benefits. The only way to score a bed in Thredbo is through luck, it’s not something you can choose to do.

I’ll stand by the fact that living on-mountain far outweighs Jindy, any and everyday of the season!!!
I would get over people destroying my belongings pretty quick - like my car!

Some honest photo’s from Thredbo.
2pm Monday 14th May.

spaz - 14 May 2013 04:03 PM

2pm Monday 14th May.

Honest photos HAHAHAH! True!

I love Perisher more than any other company. But it cracks me up when I see the Marketing Chick doing the weather report standing on the only patch of snow on the mountain saying. “It’s a beautiful snowy day today, absolutely dumping”. Looks great on film, but meanwhile people are watching her film whilst wearing shorts and a t-shirt kind of confused about what she’s saying LOL

spaz - 14 May 2013 03:58 PM

WHEN DID I TRY AND DISCOURAGE DANNY???????

Far out Oz, settle.

Oh, the irony smile raspberry

No discouragement, just a factorial view on the pros and cons living in the two different locations! smile

I definitely see where you are both coming from! The read of the opinions was great! Both raised excellent points and I guess it comes down to personal preference…

I think it great staying in Jindy, do love the town. And I hope I see both aspects of it you’ve mentioned, IE the clubs and then the locals side of it. Well, I’ve already seen much of the prior though haha!

I’ve also experienced the later in a negative way, buying breaky in Jindy, in one of the bakeries; My mate buys a pie for, I can’t remember, lets say $5. A local is served next, he is buying a pie, mentions he is indeed a local, and that the girl serving her must select the ‘local’ button on the till; is charged, say $3.50. Next, I’m served, pie, $5… :|
I see where they are coming from, but the fact that outsiders are charged more, purely based on the fact that we are outsiders, seems immoral/unethical. And unfairly discriminatory.
I hope I can crack this barrier this season, haha…

Now, back to the Thredbo/jindy discussion.

I think it best, staying in Jindy (At this point in time!!), due to a couple reasons.
Seeing as staying in Jindy is nice and easy to organise.
Mates have accom there.
As Spaz has mentioned, allows me to research into staying in Thredbo next season if I am able to work there again.
But most importantly, it allows me to experience the best of both worlds; if I manage/want to live in Thredbo next year!

The fact that I won’t have to drive 2 hours every day. God damn that is a tantalising thought, haha. And having the best weather report, YOUR EYES, is a major plus too. hahaha.

But, still looking forward to Jindy, I won’t let myself down by being lazy. Perhaps every now and then, but not much. not much at all.

I give Oz permission to slap me if I let my motivation slip too much! haha.

Those pics, I do like that light dusting over the top of thredy!

:D

DannyB - 14 May 2013 05:05 PM

Excellent!

Let me know where you are living (prob Kirwan - so v close to me)

And I will wake you up when I head up the mountain on a pow day!!!! (note I open the mountain so i get up very very early!)

But you will be in Perisher Oz!

For Danny’s sake - Oz and I have known each other since before Boardworld. We are good mates.

Andy Aitken - 14 May 2013 04:57 PM
spaz - 14 May 2013 04:03 PM

2pm Monday 14th May.

Honest photos HAHAHAH! True!

I love Perisher more than any other company. But it cracks me up when I see the Marketing Chick doing the weather report standing on the only patch of snow on the mountain saying. “It’s a beautiful snowy day today, absolutely dumping”. Looks great on film, but meanwhile people are watching her film whilst wearing shorts and a t-shirt kind of confused about what she’s saying LOL

[That was my motivation for doing the SNOcam daily run vids. The 3 years I did them really made Thredbo and Perisher pull into line.
This year they will undoubtedly fall back into their old habits. Which will give me the motivation and fuel to (hopefully) get SNOcam functioning next season.

spaz - 14 May 2013 07:02 PM

For Danny’s sake - Oz and I have known each other since before Boardworld. We are good mates.

So?

I will drag his arise out of bed and be on my merry way! Didn’t, say I would be riding with him!

Although I do have comp passes from this season that I can give to people who are nice to me!

ozgirl - 14 May 2013 06:05 PM
DannyB - 14 May 2013 05:05 PM

Excellent!

Let me know where you are living (prob Kirwan - so v close to me)

And I will wake you up when I head up the mountain on a pow day!!!! (note I open the mountain so i get up very very early!)

HAHAHA Laughed a bit at the Burns picture!!

Yeah, sure will let you all know.

I’d be extremely keen to get up early for a POW day, good lord, how I would!! cheese

I am 100% buying a Perisher season pass, mates prefer Perisher over Thredbo unfortunately. But it does mean I’ll have so much variety!
When they come down, and a mate is going to be coming almost every second weekend, I can join him there! grin 
And still have all the other time in Thredy, plus the times I convince him to go there too haha.

Oh I see! That’s great smile

ozgirl - 14 May 2013 10:26 PM

I will drag his arise out of bed and be on my merry way! Didn’t, say I would be riding with him!

Although I do have comp passes from this season that I can give to people who are nice to me!

What’s a comp pass ? Give away? gulp  haha

Edit, I see the smileys fail to work, or is that just my computer?

Complimentary.

Smileys are just you. I had the same problem, Admin fixed it. Let them know here https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/13351/P480/ or send rider26 a PM.

THats pretty awesome you will have passes for both resorts. Which have you ridden more?

That’s awesome you will be ridding both resorts!

Good to know you are not a loyalist to just one resort!

Both have good and bad points - but being able to pick which resort to ride any given day is an awesome first world problem to have! You need to intro in the Perisher thread then! There are heaps more BWM in Perisher over the season than Thredbo. Except for Shred weekend!

And Yes Comp = Free.

I should really start being more nicer to you Oz, heaps more nicer! And considerate and… pft would I do that for a lift ticket? I’ll just be like I always am, cause I love you kiss and your awesome. And heaps hot, and are looking so skinny and stuff.

Both have good points. No bad, because they both have snow and there is no such thing as bad snow! All snow is good.

NOTE: I’m practicing being positive, only positive thoughts, no negative. Must not think about Perisher having short runs, must not think of Thredbo being run by KT.

Hmmm yes Spaz!

Telling me to settle and early morning texts in less than a 24hr period earns you no Brownie points!

But I like your new positive attitude foot note shaka

As you know my PMS is in full swing.

Phones should have PMS lockout like they do for drunk texting.

Todays honest image.