The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photography Contest - SoHe 2010

Thanks Admin dude!

Photos of the Week have been posted to the homepage. Lot’s of good photos - it was really hard picking this week. Just a reminder, all photos go into the draw for Photo of the Season, not just the Photos of the Week. Keep the photos coming…

Wow thanks guys! Hopefully i can go up again this weeknd and get some more shots!

Cheers :D

Cimus hiking, Ben Lomond, Tasmania, 07/07/10

The base of our little hill, Ben Lomond, Tasmania, 07/07/10

Just a couple of shots (not this season) of our little hill in Tasmania..

How do you find the Tassie snowfields mate?  Not much info on them on the net so a first hand account would be interesting.

I live in Launceston which is 40 minutes North West of Ben Lomond (where all my photos were shot) there is another ski field down south called Mawson but I’m yet to make the trip. Mawson is much smaller than Ben Lomond and has very limitied facilities.

When Ben Lomond has snow it is quite fun! It is small but it has a very friendly vibe. All facilities are on mountain and are all at the base of the ski lifts. There is a pub (which has acommodation), ski hire and various lodges that can also offer acomodation.

As for the skiing, our runs are not groomed there are rocks and bushes but with enough snow these become features! There are 7 surface lifts comprising a mixture of T-bars and Pomas.

The next generation of skiers and boarders are trying to push for a Terrain Park to make the most of our little hill and if this gets built will make us the Snowpark of Aus! haha

All in all Ben Lomond is a fun hill with raging parties for those who wish to partake while also offering a firendly family atmosphere!

If your ever down our way come say hi!

Coronet blast - Coronet Peak - 11/07/2010

Carpark Stairs - Coronet Peak - 10/07/2010

fmf - 15 July 2010 08:30 AM

Coronet blast - Coronet Peak - 11/07/2010

That is an awesome pic !!!!

Cheers,

First time taking my gear onto the slopes, came out with a few good frames! ... now to try and get back there!

Great photo! It’s a shame he is on skis.  tongue wink

rider26 - 15 July 2010 11:21 AM

Great photo! It’s a shame he is on skis.  tongue wink

haha we need f@tony’s mad photo shop skills again

my attempt grin

Hahaha LOL