The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Monthly Member Prizes - 2010

For the months of June, July, August, and September, we will be giving away prize packs each month in the following categories:

Most entertaining member - This prize will go to the member who entertains the community with interesting posts, jokes, photos, and videos.

Most helpful member - This prize will go to the member who is consistently helpful throughout the month.

Most helpful post (individual post) - Make the most helpful individual post for the month and this prize is yours.

Best topic starter - This prize will go to the member who starts the most interesting and popular threads.

Member of the month - There are no exact guidelines for this prize, but we will give the prize to the most deserving member.

We are giving away 20 prize packs in total. The winners will usually get a choice of available prizes, including snow, skate, and female specific prizes. The prizes include goggles, sunglasses, backpacks, headphones, helmets, snow jackets, snow pants, first layer thermals, gloves, skateboards, wheels, trucks, hoodies, t-shirts, hats, beanies, and more!

Every winner will also be given a DVD from Snowboard Addiction. We are giving away 20 DVDs in total from the best instructional snowboarding DVD series in the world. The DVD is Jumping (Volume Two), worth $29.95 USD. Snowboard Addiction DVD - Jumping (Volume Two)

Every winner will also be given an additional Boardworld T-Shirt as part of the prize pack.

To nominate another member in any category, please reply to this thread with the members screen name and which category the nomination is for. You can’t nominate yourself. During June, July, and August, we will be choosing new members, you can only win once during that time. For the last month (September), anyone can win, including previous winners.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Good luck!  cool smile

Great I cant wait to see the what people come up with for best topic and the most entertaining member lol This will be fun!

New inclusion:

Every winner will also be given a DVD from Snowboard Addiction. We are giving away 20 DVDs in total.

The DVD is Jumping (Volume Two), worth $29.95 USD.

Snowboard Addiction DVD - Jumping (Volume Two)

Man it just keeps getting better and better.

Where has boardworld been all my life…Seriously I could have used a web page like this when I was starting off.  Great job!

sick….

brad I totally agree.
I was on the Burton.com message boards for many years… that is where I met Jeremy. It wasnt long before we clicked. That was many years ago. I found that teh Burton message boards at the time was just what I needed. This now is what I need. I wish I could help and bring others on here. I sure hope that these contests help with that.
Maybe we need a “member-gain-a-member program” It is just hard to evaluate who they bring, and how much others participate etc.

I’m glad to be here. I like the vibe and the layed back attitude around here.

I was never much of a sit on the computer and talk to random people type of person, but now I’m definitely getting used to it because of this website!

awwwww feel the love!!!

Group hug!!!!

Hahahah cant wait to play in the snow with you all!

Just Giver - 21 May 2010 09:31 AM

I was never much of a sit on the computer and talk to random people type of person, but now I’m definitely getting used to it because of this website!

I’m a little of the same, however I do join forums and normally just read them. So there must be something special/good about boardworld for me to get so involved! grin

And to think, so many people in the world dislike the snow, even hibernate during the season!

snowcrazy - 21 May 2010 11:30 PM
Just Giver - 21 May 2010 09:31 AM

I’m a little of the same, however I do join forums and normally just read them. So there must be something special/good about boardworld for me to get so involved! grin

There is something interesting about a message boards community that gives comfort for some to open up as you two mention. I bet there is some internet psychologist that is breaking new ground on it, and probably writing a book. In fact we can probably take a college course on it in a few years, and even find it to be a major course of study and area of employment in the future too. I agree that there is something different about communicating via computer. I think it has to do with the unknown and our own prejudices. The unknown meaning that there is much we dont know about the other people and until then there is little to dislike. and the other point of our own prejudices. It is simple. For example we dont know enough about each other to apply those prejudices. (as much as we might deny that we have them)

Monthly Member Prizes starts on Tuesday. I will be announcing what prizes are up for grabs on Monday.

Up for grabs during the month of June….

Dragon goggles
Siege Audio heapdphones
Burton first layer thermals
Burton backpacks
Burton jackets
Grenade gloves

Every winner will also receive a Snowboard Addiction DVD and a Boardworld t-shirt.

Please nominate yourself or someone else in this thread. Good luck to everyone!  grin

sweet prizes! not bad for hangin’ out on the internet i say

Im all over this. tongue laugh

Well I’ll nominate myself.
Might as well!