The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photography Contest - SoHe 2010

Ahhh, diptych goodness.

Next week there will probably be a “Please Do Not Climb the Signs” sign.  smile

lisapisa - 27 June 2010 09:24 AM

No riding here…just good ol’ post-riding antics

Chillin’
27 June 2010
Mt Hutt Access Road

HAHAHA!!

Beautiful foggy + sleet rain day… smile
Jibbin features stored behind the shed

Mt Hutt
27/6/2010
Rider: Tom Sellwood

Photos of the week have been posted to the front page. Well done f@tony and Telestrom. All photos go into the final draw, not just the weekly winners. We’re off to a great start, keep those photos coming!

Telestrom - 26 June 2010 08:37 PM
Gamblor - 26 June 2010 11:32 AM

on the backside of Coronet peak, can you ride all the way down? Why does everybody traverse across to the right?

The traverse lines are to save a big walk out.  These slopes are outside the ski area boundary. 

It’s very tempting to keep going, but it would be a hard slog out in the deep snow.  The following day, I saw some tracks from the very top to near the bottom.  Not sure how long it would have taken for them to walk out.

I hate to be the buzzkill all the time, but please, PLEASE take the right gear with you when dropping OB. Just because Coro’s is small and the lift is in sight, doesn’t mean it won’t slide. It’s still ‘backcountry’ even if it’s to the side!

No joke, a guy was killed early season last year in a slide just outside the fence at Coro’s. Typical rope-duck situation “oh, pow looks sweet and it’s close to the resort, it’s onnnn!” *Crack, slide, buried, dead*

That’s the end of today’s safety talk.

And actually, a patroller got caught in an avalanche the first week coronet opened.  I think right where those tracks were. Luckily he was ok though.

addendum to safety talk over.

Big Park is open…

Mt Hutt
3/7/2010
Rider: Rene Ribotton

RAD!

nice shots .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).
Do you have your camera mounted on a pole or soemthing to get that angle?

I actually have a growth hormone problem which causes me to grow uncontrollably.  I’m now currently about 7’6’‘.  wink

Below is a photo of the park crew guys messing around and hitting the jump with various objects in tow.  That is me in the background with my camera.

*phew* thanks those crates to the back of the head would have hurt.

Photos of the Week have been posted to the homepage. Great work again f@tony!

hurray, I am the winner in this week’s one horse race.  smile Thanks Jeremy for titling the photos.  Can never think of names.

Once I actually make it to the snow, I will post some competition…

hi,
just found this site and love taking photos when im on the snow so heres two from this season

first tracks of the season…....  location..upper vertigo turoa 17 june 2010…rider volcanic

smooth turns…....location upper mountain turoa 1 July .......rider     ben s

anyone need the info on mt ruapehu etc just ask 21 seasons now and still stoked