The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

I watched Argentina vs Nigera live and watched England vs USA now. Argentina played well but Nigeria could have equalised. Messi looked so dangerous, he was unlucky not to score.

England had a horrible performance and were lucky to get the draw. First they lose Rio, then Ledley King… the goal scored by the USA was the worst piece of goalkeeping I have ever seen.

Now… come on you SOCCEROOS!!

rider26 - 13 June 2010 02:42 AM

Now… come on you SOCCEROOS!!

word

Bring on the Germans! Let’s make the most of it. I don’t want to wait another 4 years for us to get into the final 16 again.

England drawing with the US = hilarity.

Argentina only winning 1 - 0. Disappointing. Although, Maradonna was entertaining on the sidelines. Messi should have scored on at least 3 occasions.

Brandy - 13 June 2010 10:53 AM

Argentina only winning 1 - 0. Disappointing. Although, Maradonna was entertaining on the sidelines. Messi should have scored on at least 3 occasions.

You must admit Vincent Enyeama in the Nigerian goal did brilliantly last night

Absolutely. He played out of his skin to deny the argentines time and time again. I think he was credited with 6 saves at the end of the match, but it felt like a lot more. I felt for him, I didn’t think he deserved to concede a goal after that performance.

But my previous statement still stands. I was disappointed with Argentina.

And i was disappointed in Australia i thought they were going to lose but not 4-0

Yeah what a disappointing game (I’m so tired right now haha). Germany are one of the best teams in the world, but that game didn’t go to plan. Timmy Cahill getting sent off is huge and could be the reason we don’t progress to the second round. I watched half the Ghana vs Serbia game and they are both good teams. It’s going to be hard to beat them (which we clearly need to do) without Cahill scoring goals for us. I guess it all comes down to Harry Kewell to save us once again.

I remember Harry Kewell blasting one over the crossbar against Brazil four years ago. Hopefully he can do better this time around. 4 - 0 was pretty disappointing. Just finished watching the replay. Harsh red card, but oh well. Perhaps Australia will learn not to rely on 1 player all the time.

too bad for australia to be Germany’s punching bag. They were nice goals though.
Got some good points from Lahm and schweinsteiger for my fantasy team though. Wish I had picked podolski though.

Japan finally plays tonight against cameroon. I’m trying to ready myself for the endless replays that will be on for the rest of the month.

Netherlands - denmark
Italy - Paraguay

predictions: cameroon 2-0 japan
netherlands 3-0 denmark
Paraguay 1-0 Italy (boo to Italy)

Gamblor - 14 June 2010 04:35 AM

too bad for australia to be Germany’s punching bag. They were nice goals though.

Agreed. Although, I felt less that we were their punching bag and more that we were our own worst enemy. It was interesting watching them play a zonal defensive game, doesn’t quite work as well here as it does in AFL. Maybe it just needs a bit more refining, but we definitely need to improve before we front up for the game agaisnt Ghana.

Poor Australia getting beat 4-0 by Germany.

Better luck next game

Can’t wait to watch Portugal play (aka Ronaldo)

rider26 - 25 May 2010 10:41 AM

I think it’s time for everyone to put their money on a winner. Let’s make this into a contest…

I’m going to put together a small prize pack for whoever picks the winner of the World Cup. Once someone picks a country, no one else can select that country. So first come, first served.

I’ll also put a prize pack together for Golden Boot. Same rules apply.

Who’s going to win? Who’s going to get the Golden Boot?

Did you end up putting a prize pack together there rider?

Yeah there are two prize packs - country and golden boot. The prize packs will mainly be t-shirts and snow apparel.

In that case:

David Villa (Spain) for golden boot
Span for Champions (although Netherlands would be a close second)

Spain is already taken. I don’t think David Villa has been taken.