The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

Rider26, just joined yours too, but it’s only the 2 of us lol

Alright, my team is in! Enjoy the opening match guys! Can’t wait!

Tips for tonights games?
I’m tipping draw for Mexico vs SA
France to beat Uruguay
Argentina to beat Nigeria

i just joined the maccas fantasy league, dont really wanna join 2 so ill stick with the maccas one, good luck peeps lol

Yeah, I’m already in two so I’ll give the fox sports one a pass
My tips:
Mexico, France, Argentina

Rick0889 - 11 June 2010 10:45 AM

i just joined the maccas fantasy league, dont really wanna join 2 so ill stick with the maccas one, good luck peeps lol

that’s the same one as us i think. you can be in up to 10 private leagues so just add yourself to ours if u like. nothing changes, just your stats get ranked against ours

Tonights games should be a cracker! Argentina vs Nigera at 12:00am and England vs USA at 4:30am. Did anyone watch the games this morning? I watched the first game - it was really good to see the home nation get a solid win against Mexico.

Sorry Jeremy, I think the early hours of the morning is affecting your head..
SA V Mexico was 1-1 - although it was extremely entertaining, and SA really should have won it.
Can’t wait for later tonight!

Forget exams! World cup takes precedence!

Argentina should beat Nigeria and England should beat USA… both could be interesting though.

T-Spec - 12 June 2010 09:38 AM

SA V Mexico was 1-1 - although it was extremely entertaining, and SA really should have won it.

Haha I can’t believe I actually typed that. I meant to say it was great to see the home nation get a solid DRAW. Mexico are a tough team and South Africa scored a great goal and held on well for the draw. In the opening 15 minutes of the game I thought Mexico was going to dominate the scoreboard. With the whole world watching and the hopes of a nation on their shoulders, I think they did extremely well, especially being the lowest ranked home nation in FIFA Would Cup history.

Watching Greece vs Korea now….

rider26 - 12 June 2010 12:30 PM
T-Spec - 12 June 2010 09:38 AM

Watching Greece vs Korea now….

What a match! Great 2-0 win by the Koreans!

Greatly looking forward to Argentina vs. Nigeria!
Bring on the Messi!

Yeh I got to listen to my Korean neighbour squealing all through that game!
No surprises with the results though. I think TAB was paying pretty even for that, good one to have put some cash on.
USA is paying well for the win too, if England chokes they might have a chance.

France was abysmal.
Onto Nigeria vs Argentina
Am stoked to see Messi now

Good gosh, Maradona has certainly gone for the Jugular with the number of attacking players in that starting line up.
Irony how its a defender that scores first, haha

yeah saw that, it was a huge header, good on him!

tjswish - 12 June 2010 09:56 AM

Argentina should beat Nigeria and England should beat USA… both could be interesting though.

It was only some average English goal keeping that made the US - English game interesting