The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

Can I nominate Chunky for a prize?

Good post mate.

Things are heating up here!!!!

doesnt matter anyway its the biggest sport in the world, i just typed football into google images and a soccerball came up along with an nfl ball.

GO AUS!!!

I really don’t get this. You’re calling people ignorant because they insist on calling soccer football?
Good luck with the crusade

The pertinent point here is that the fans and official managing bodies of EVERY football code BUT soccer in Australia are well aware that as there is more than one prominent code in this country, each code NEEDS to have its own point of identification - and while soccer fans remain ignorant of this very simple point, it’s impossible to take them seriously in any capacity. Name-wise, the defining factor of the Association Football code is the word “Association” - which was, from the very beginning of the modern game, abbreviated to the nickname “soccer”. So if the term “soccer” isn’t used when referring to the code in countries where there is more than one prominent football code, the word “Association” has to be included along with the word “Football” - or another appropriate term will have to be created. Anyone incapable of displaying such basic common sense deserves to be treated like the ignorant illiterate fool that they obviously are.

You seem to know a lot about soccer, chucky. I always wondered where the name ‘soccer’ came from. Interesting.

Rick, what do you think? Do you want to change the thread name to FIFA World Cup 2010? wink

So excited for it to begin! Argentina vs Nigeria on Saturday night should be a cracker! I remember watching all the games at Thredbo four years ago, while I was doing the season there. Ahhh good times…

yah can you change it rider!

and can we get this sub topic over and done with, lets stay to talking about ‘Association Football’ and the ‘FIFA World Cup’ which Australia is going to get dominated by Germany :(

so just to wrap this up…
Chucky, what is your favourite form of football?

Tim Cahill might be out for the game against Germany - ARTICLE HERE.

ah well then we have no hope of scoring a goal!
come on nil all draw!

hey guys, how about a boardworld fantasy league? It’s a bit late, but at least we kind of know who’s injured and who’s likely to start.  Join up here and choose your players. I will make a boardworld league before lunch and tell you the code. In the meantime, make your teams. (you can join private leagues after you’ve made your team).

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

I’m playing fantasy on the Fox Sports website but I’m keen to play in a Boardworld league too - hit us up with details.

wooh, hook us up with the league!

Alright people, the boardworld.com.au league code is 657378-132339

join up, make your fantasy team and then when it’s all done sign up for the league. Do it quick because time is running out before the first game (then you can’t join anymore). It took me close to 40 mins trying to pick my players lol

c’mon guys. only t-spec and I are in the league.
even if you know nothing about soccer you can do this. There’s a button to let the computer choose the team for you.

Oh, and don’t forget to choose a captain - they get double points

Gamblor, I’m about to join.

Also if anyone wants to play the Fox Sports fantasy league…

http://footballworldcupfantasy.foxsports.com.au

League name: Boardworld

Code to join this league: 7337-7378