The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

home made snowboard rail jam on driveway

So seeing it is a while of snow falling in Australia I was getting to on edge not being able to snowboard and being too long between wakeboard trips. I decided to take advantage of my steep driveway and make a “rail” set up on it. I have been meaning to get this happening for a couple of years now, but finally got the gear for it and got it going. It still needs some fine tunning but it works not to bad once you get used to it! Planning on setting it up again this weekend and having a few ppl hit it, so I will post more pics up then

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hahaha that’s awesome! Well done!  grin

wow that is a very decent set up, the things we do for this sport haha

cool man any good bails from the sesh?

had a couple where i landed on the concrete and beat the board up a bit, and on i couldnt stop and ended up on the road. but was mainly testing it. gonna give it a good crack this weekend and ill post any pics/vids we get

Good stuff man! Some more pics or vids will be cool. What materials you use? Looks like carpet. How do you get the board sliding?

Looks awesome but hella scary at the same time. need crashpads around it I say.

Yeh Dan83, it is a carpet. It is gymnastic carpet roll that has a thing foam underneath it so it softens it a bit. it slides ok once u have speed, so when i landed of the slider it was pretty fast. So just needed to get enough speed to get going. Started off towing eachother with rope but was too all over the place and were too busy trying to stay standing and hold on, where with the drop in you could prepare for it. the jummp is made of a big sheet of metal set up over two gymnastic spring boards. lol so it pops up a bit and gives u some spring. the “rail” is a gym practice beam board. all the stuff i borrowed from my work (a school). The drop is our old tramp with one side of legs off, and we supported the whole mat underneath with wooden frame and planks.

zhenji, yeh was scary the first two times. and yeh i am going to be borrowing crashmats to go right down either side of the drive for bails and also riding off the mat…concrete is no good for my board!

also, to make the run in faster used deturgent and the hose

That’s an awesome setup. Looking forward to more pics and vid smile
Just curious what board and bindings are you on?

Gnarly !!!!!

Ads1 - 24 March 2010 08:22 PM

That’s an awesome setup. Looking forward to more pics and vid smile
Just curious what board and bindings are you on?

Cheers Ads1

Im on k2www, and k2 formula bindings. gonna use an old board next time cos i dont wanna grind my edges on the driveway again when crashing

If it’s all about who is having more fun then you’ve won.
Keep sharing the stoke!

i am dreaming up ideas like this all the time…great idea guys, keep the summer stoke alive!

didnt end up doing it all a second time so i couldnt get any more pics or vids. sorry eveyone! we planned on it but ended up making tequila sunrises instead and then the afternoon just got messier from there haha.