The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

just wanted to start a thread about the World Cup that is happening this year in Africa, let me know what your thoughts are and which country you are backing!

Did you hear the news? David Beckham is out for the World Cup. He completely tore his Achilles tendon playing for AC Milan. This will probably end his England career.

I support Australia obviously, but I think Spain has a great chance. You can never rule out Brazil or Argentina. Italy and France won’t win this time.

If I had to pick it… Spain, followed by Brazil and Argentina.

Can’t wait for South Africa 2010 World Cup!! I have quite a few friends going over there for the tournament.

yeah im backing Spain and Aus, im have Spanish and they have a very decent team. i wish i was in africa for itbut sadly im way too poor at the moment lol also cant wait for it to start smile))

Go Spain!!

i just found out that Spain are favourite to win!!!! thats amazing and they are in one of the easiest groups haha yeah Spain, Aus are looking ok in their group also with Germany, Serbia, Ghana.

It doesn’t surprise me. They have an unbelievable team. I heard last night that Fabregas is out till the end of the EPL season with a broken leg.

I’m cheering for Netherlands and Aus!

rider26 - 04 April 2010 08:09 AM

It doesn’t surprise me. They have an unbelievable team. I heard last night that Fabregas is out till the end of the EPL season with a broken leg.

What????? damn it

Yeah Arsenal played on Saturday night without him. He’s gone for at least six weeks.

I need to pick a team.
We got into this a little last year. there’s a lot I dont understand. but it’s interesting.
But who am I fooling… I dont even have a TV. lol.

Snowslider,

I can imagine you are going to be spending a fair bit of time in your local bars watching the world cup, without a tv at home.

Don’t spend too much on beer!!

Australia could be in serious trouble… It remains to be seen whether Harry Kewell will be ready for the World Cup. I’ve been hearing mixed reports on whether he will make the squad or not. Mark Bresciano and Vince Grella also have injury clouds over them.

Links:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/kewell-wont-make-the-world-cup-20100410-rzpy.html

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/world-cup-2010/socceroos-star-harry-kewell-set-to-overcome-groin-injury/story-fn4l5n4r-1225852657898

Harry is always a doubt for any game! poor guy always being injured. It’s very frustrating for Aus fans.

I’ll be going for Aus (obviously) followed by Germany.

Just Giver - 07 April 2010 09:31 AM

Snowslider,

I can imagine you are going to be spending a fair bit of time in your local bars watching the world cup, without a tv at home.

Don’t spend too much on beer!!

Well, I’m not much of a drinker really anyway. but I think on an evening it would be a nice thing to go do, watch the game at a bar or something. Sounds fun.

Positive news for Australia…

Galatasaray’s Kewell confirms he will be fit for World Cup

27.04.10 | Andrew Slevison

Galatasaray’s Harry Kewell has confirmed he will be fit and available for the World Cup which kicks off in June this year.

The 31-year old is recovering from an ongoing groin problem and is facing a race against time to get himself in good shape ahead of the tournament in South Africa but he has rubbished claims that he would struggle to play any game time at all.

“I don’t know where certain people get their information from but obviously not from me or Galatasaray,” he said.

“If they bothered to do their research they would have discovered there is nothing wrong with me.

“I’m actually feeling good after quite a bit of rehab working with (Australian physio) David Bick…

“Whether the coach picks me or not is another thing.

“I need to get some game-time in before the World Cup and we have three more games after that against Istanbul BB, Antalyaspor and Genclerbirligi before the season is over. We’re five points off the top and we know it’s going to be hard to make up the ground.

“Next month there’s the friendly against New Zealand in Melbourne and that’s going to be big. It’s been frustrating being out, especially after having a great first half of the season, but I’m used to setbacks. You take the good with the bad.”

we’ll be in supporting the socceroos in new zealand, that’ll be interesting. Just hoping we can do as well if not better than last time, otherwise the media will pick at everything they did wrong.