The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

Brandy - 07 June 2010 09:43 AM

Just a recap on the countries and goal scorers that are taken (for this comp) for anyone still interested in putting something on paper before the world cup starts.

Countries selected (8 out of 32 - 24 left to be picked!)
Germany
Spain
Australia
Brazil
France
Netherlands
Argentina
England

Golden Boot Nominees
Messi
Torres
Kaka
Villa
Henry
Drogba

For T-Spec

Oh Poohie…

Um, pretty confident that the eventual winner will be in that group somewhere.. so I won’t bother.

I’ll put Robin Van Persie for Golden boot.. although he’s an outside chance..

My choice for Australia to win isnt looking too good now is it haha,

Gonna have to rely on Kaka to score alot of goals now

vuvuzela instruction manual

Bahahahaha.

haha too true…..

Tonight’s games:

New Zealand vs Slovakia
Cote d’Ivoire vs Portugal
Brazil vs North Korea

a couple of good ones, but I won’t be staying up for brazil

Australia can still make it…

Coach needs to get his shit together and put on the right team

Will definitely be watching Cote d’Ivoire vs Portugal. I think that match is gonna be a cracker. Will probably just record the Brazil match though. I have an exam tomorrow and can’t afford to be tooooooo tired when I get there. I may need to do some last minute cramming beforehand as well.

I’m carefully avoiding this thread until I watch Italy vs Paraguay tonight over dinner. I taped it and don’t know the result yet.

I like it how you carefully avoid the thread by posting in it. Good start. Did you watch the game yet?

Also, check this out about

Didier Drogba

! Now that he is cleared to play, just waiting on confirmation that he will play! Dragon for the golden boot!

Can’t wait for the Cote d’Ivoire vs. Portugal game tonight.

Might have to tape it as i’m starting to get tired already… too many late nights watching soccer.

Haha I hit reply before I saw anything. I’ve watched the game now anyway. Both teams played quite well, neither dominated. Really looking forward to seeing Portugal vs Ivory Coast at midnight and Brazil vs Nth Korea in the morning when I wake up. Haha love that image Gamblor. Man those vuvuzelas are annoying!

Definitely looking forward to the Cote d’Ivoire vs Portugal match. Should be a cracker!

Speaking of Vuvuzela humour.

for the dudes in the fifa.com fantasy league, have you tried the panini sticker album? it’s pretty fun. Reminds of when i was a kid collecting the real thing. You start off with 6 packs and then u get 2 packs a day. You can trade your doubles.
I got Rooney and Luis Fabiano already. nice!