The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

Wow, awesome draw for New Zealand in injury time!

I haven’t checked that yet Gamblor, will do tomorrow.

The first half promised so much, and yet produced so little. Seriously. Bring on the Dragon!

Cracking strike by Ronaldo. I thought it was going in for sure.

Same, I saw him turn and sat up a little straighter. So close. He is so lazy in defence though. And he would be 10 times greater than he is if he just stood up and refused to appeal for fouls. If he put his mind to actually getting around players instead of trying to play the ref he would be unstoppable. Personally, I think he has more raw skill than just about any other player currently out there. Even Messi. He’s just not using it anywhere near as well.

NZ is doing better than I expected, good on them

Maicon! What a goal! That was awesome. It reminds me of Carlos’ goal from the left corner flag a few years back.

so glad Maicon is on my fantasy team!

Gamblor - 16 June 2010 01:34 AM

so glad Maicon is on my fantasy team!

Who is your fantasty team?

the brazil keeper (bad pick)
Lahm - Heinze - van brocksomething - maicon
malouda - sjneider - schweinsteiger - xavi
torres - messi

but xavi and torres are rumoured not to start tonight <groan>
malouda better start tomorrow night too!

Expected win for Brazil although valiant fight from PRK. Yeah I heard Torres will probably start on the bench (he is in my team too).

I’m really looking forward to the Spain game tonight.

it’d be great if he came in for the last 20 mins and got 2 goals (with assists from xavi) raspberry

I can’t believe Spain lost to Switzerland. Spain were all over them in the first half. They should have brought on Fabregas in the second half, especially after Iniesta went off. Torres should have been brought on earlier too. Now Chile and Switzerland both have three points, it should be interesting to see what Spain pull out now.

Hoping we do well against Ghana

Yeah, Spain looked so in control in the first half, but Switzerland have always been stingy giving up goals. I think it’s a nice result because Spain will go into overdrive to demolish Chili and Honduras.

Tonight France has to beat Mexico otherwise they are going to be in a bad way.
Can’t wait for Argentina - South Korea either!

I hope you’re right, but Spain won’t be finding either Chile or Honduras easy to break down..