The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler 2011 / 2012 - The Community Blog

Easily the best non-alpine pow day for me. My runs were not as gnarly as Jeremy’s. Lapped emerald all day, just so much pow everywhere. In the trees, on the sides of the groomers. It was knee-thigh deep at some spots on the sides of the groomers, insane. My back quads cramped up near the end of the day in the middle of a run lol.

You chuck a sicky, skip?????

Man, if you guys keep postin pics like these, I’m gonna throw up!!!!!  sick

What’s a chuck a sicky?

Hahahahaa, sorry mate!!!!!

It means to have a day off uni/work sick!!!!! And over here in Australia it is pretty much taken only when ya not legitimately sick!!!!!

Hahaha, nahh I don’t have classes on thursday :D

Rider’s Blog: Day 52

Rode mid mountain pow all early morning. Hit Ratfink, trees near Harmony, and some other standard runs. Got in line at Peak before the line got big. Stood there for probably close to an hour before it opened. There was more than half a metre of fresh pow waiting so it was well worth the wait.

I was probably on about the 15th clair up there and I got thigh deep freshies all down Whistler bowl (one of the best runs I’ve ever had in Whistler Bowl). Dropped into Shale Slope and surfed all the way down. Went back up and went over to Key West which was the same - deep, fresh, and untouched. Third run I decided to check out VD Trees. Awesome run through there as expected.

Caught up with Shane and we went up Peak again and hit West Cirque, Everglades, and West Bowl a few times. Rode till the point of exhaustion and I had to call it a day at around 2:30pm. I can’t remember the last time my legs were this fatigued.

Anyway, I’ll keep it short today. I know some people couldn’t make it up there today so I won’t go on about it. I didn’t bother taking any photos today as I just wanted to ride. I took the GoPro up but barely turned it on. I’ll be back up there early tomorrow morning. Looks like we have another strong storm system coming on Monday/Tuesday.

i am so cranky with my self…. i slept through the whole day .. got a few runs very late in the arvo.

Rider’s Blog: Day 53

Fatigue from the last three days certainly carried over this morning. I got myself back up Peak to check it out. Visibility was pretty low so I kept it to a familiar route through Doom and Gloom. All the epic pow from yesterday is almost completely tracked out in the high traffic areas. I dipped into the trees a bit; still fresh but mostly tracked. I had a good chat with the Canadian Boardercross coach on Red Clair. He said he is good friends with Chumpy Pullin.

My legs were telling me to pack it in for the day and I listened. Rode home and had a good stretch. I’m glad I made it out today but it was a short day. I think I’ll take tomorrow off to catch up on work and give my body a chance to recover. Looking forward to hitting it up with Finney on Monday.

Blake, that’s a bummer. Did you have a big night?

Monday will be a very short day for me unfortunately Jeremy. Mate gets into town in the morning, then need to sort him out with some skis and then off to inspect a place for summer in the afternoon so will be lucky to make it up for a few hours.

No worries, Finney. Keep me posted.

Nelson Languedoc, Blake Payne, Cody Wilson, Keenan Filmer, Brennan Kurchak, and Alex Stathis boardin’ on Blackcomb.

I love how he just casually ollies over the boarder and skier lol.

finney - 18 March 2012 01:21 AM

Monday will be a very short day for me unfortunately Jeremy. Mate gets into town in the morning, then need to sort him out with some skis and then off to inspect a place for summer in the afternoon so will be lucky to make it up for a few hours.

Your staying for summer? No shred for you ;-(

Rider’s Blog: Day 54

I had a pretty cruisy day up there today. With a a bit more snow to top up the cover, I went straight up Peak to check it out. I did a run down Bagel Bowl and it was quite nice. I caught up with Shaner, Finney, a few of Finney’s friends, and we all cruised a few laps around the place. Rode down to the village a couple of times and found some hits along the way. Called it a day at 2pm as there is heaps of snow on the way (20-35cm in the next 24 hours forecast) so just chillin’ while we wait for the pow.

Anyone interested in doing an ice climbing course with me?

http://www.coastmountainguides.com/ice-climbing.html

Wow!  big surprise Looks like you’ve had some awesome days up there Jeremy! Cool you got to ride with Nev too.

I can’t believe how well my timing seems to be - I will be flying out tomorrow to Canada!!!  cheese Keep the snow coming shaka And here I was a few months ago worried that I would be getting end of season snow in March/April…