The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

TR: Thredbo/the apline way/Falls Creek

In the past I have posted few reports and vid in sticked “Thredbo 2011” mountain & Travel section.
Got home last week ended our 3.5 week holiday and I had the chance to sort the photo and editing video, it was bloody so long to complete TR video!!!
In our past snow holidays we drove and ski and drove home back for 1.5 to 2 weeks.
We decided to have aa extend holiday on this trip and wanted to explore through the Alpine down to Melbourne to stay in our rellies. I haven’t visit Victoria nearly 16 years

We left Brisvegas and drove 2 days to Queanbeyan for groceries and have look around the parliament house.

Next morning we stopped at Cooma for morning break and parked Delica in the front of the plum tree with the flower blossom nicely!

We stayed in the “Vista mountain” chalet sharing with our family friend for a week.
We had a blast times and great experience with vary weather – storm, snow flurries, snow shower, blue bird. I think we seen snow showers about 4 days in a week as 20-25cm accumulation.
I bumped Chucky and Spaz and was great pleasure to slide with you guys!!!

Highlight pictures in Thredbo for a week

Yeah I’m so wicked…

Left Thredbo on same day the shreddit arrived, pity couldn’t stay longer to meet you guys and have to drive through the Alpine way and wonderful scenery with the snow shower fell.
The drama with our Delica’s brake pads got worn out after driving down steep road, damn I wished that I had it fully serviced before we go on holiday.

We stopped at Mt Beauty for 3 nights and on the first day we sent Delica in the garage for new brake pads and walked around tiny town, it’s a lovely country for the relaxation.
Mt Bogong sunset with full moon

On 2nd day we caught the bus trip to Falls Creek for the day, it was foggy day and snow was hard packed till it turned soft after lunch time. We enjoy the day at Falls creek (see video)
Left Mount Beauty for Melbourne and we stopped at Glenorwan to see the historical of Ned Kelly’s “last stand” what a legend!
Stayed in Melbourne for a week and we visited interesting places – Melbourne Zoo, museum to see tutankhamun, Phillip Island to see penguin and Ballarat’s sovereign hill.
Left Melbourne and stopped at Marlo for overnight a lovely lakeside.

Eden’s the Killer whale museum

We parked same spot 2.5 weeks ago and it turned leaf amazing!!!

TR - Video please note no music background… rolleyes  and hope its entertain… wink

Nice TR, Silent!!!!!!  cool grin

(Did ya get the Tree/Car Park Pics around the wrong way though???? Hahahahaaa, When I did my Falls Creek TR I had every second one in the wrong place!!!!!  teacherboy )

Oh yeah, vid doesn’t work for me????

Oh yeah, for it to be eligible for the comp. you’ll have to post it into either the Tredbo or Falls Threads!!!!!

Maybe rider26 will move it over into either one for ya!!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 01 October 2011 11:25 PM

Nice TR, Silent!!!!!!  cool grin

(Did ya get the Tree/Car Park Pics around the wrong way though???? Hahahahaaa, When I did my Falls Creek TR I had every second one in the wrong place!!!!!  teacherboy )

Oh yeah, vid doesn’t work for me????

Oh yeah, for it to be eligible for the comp. you’ll have to post it into either the Tredbo or Falls Threads!!!!!

Thanks buddy

Haha about parking at the tree….

Video has fixed now, I tried Viemo for a change and I gave up and go back my old youtube… raspberry

I’m unsure which Thread to post for Best TR comp because I visited 2 snow fields so I end up in this normal thread…

So enjoy video… grin