The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Assistance program!

Hi everyone!

This year I have decided to start an assistance program for those who are planning to come to Whistler. If you are coming for a quick visit, season or just wanting to call Whistler home this is an opportunity for you.

I am offering assistance in accommodation, employment, transportation ect… I am available to review housing, apply resumes to job postings as they become available, assist with transportation to accommodation upon arrivals and make sure you are being efficient in your transition into Whistler.

As I have experienced in the past, jumping into Whistler headfirst is not always easy. I would like to change that for you by offering a service that makes your life easier!

While Q&A is highly encouraged on this forum I do want to state that there will be fees for my services.

In regards to rental assistance I will be charging a $25cad per person fee to initiate my services with a following $75cad per person fee upon success. This will be paid via Pay Pal.
This will include myself seeking and reviewing rental units which match your personal needs, keeping you up to date on progress.
You will be in charge of payments to the Landlord in regards to security deposits and rental fees and will hold all responsibility for the rental unit.

In regards to job search I will charge a one time fee of $25cad and apply resume to all relative positions as they are posted. I will aim to have you placed in your desired field. The important thing is that you have a job or at least interviews set up upon arrival. Again I will only be responsible for posting resumes as jobs become available and referencing you to my colleges in Whistler for employment.

Transportation is offered upon arrival to Whistler. I am willing to chauffeur you to your new homes from arrival points in the village. I will make sure you are settled in and give you direction to necessary locations if need be. This will come at a $25cad one time fee only paid upon time of arrival.

As required by law you must have all legal documents such as passport and work visa. An up to date criminal record check may also be required for my viewing as well as employers and landlords upon request. If you are patiently waiting on a work permit I am still happy to post resumes for you.

I hope this covers all the details necessary and any further questions can be directed to me via forums or private message.

Thanks!

wow.

guys, jump on this!

Awesome Shane, you’re a legend for offering this.

Will be in touch in regards to finding a place to live as I’m not having much luck finding somewhere for the season so far.

Man that sounds awesome! I’ve already got a 2 week Canada holiday booked. Doing 4 mountains over 2 weeks, but if I didn’t I’d be all over this!  big surprise Maybe Winter 2012/13 grin

Thats awesome Shaner. Will definately be contacting you once I get my shit together shaka

Great to hear all the positive feed back folks! What a great way to start getting amped up for the season! Which should be a BIG one!

Shaner, you’re awesome for doing this! shaka

See you in a couple of months… cool grin

Hey Shaner,

This is an awesome thing to do. I’m going to be up at Whistler soon, planning to do a season there and I’m going alone and don’t know anyone. Anyhelp would be appretiated.

First question is. Which hostel/backpackers is a good place to stay at when we first arrive so that I can start looking for something more long term? I heard that the HI hostel is awesome but a bit far from everything.

Cheers

Also check out Southside Lodge. http://www.southsidelodge.com/southside.php

Great location. Right in the heart of Whistler Creekside. Short walk to grocery stores and Whistler Gondola.

Here is a great place to check out the variety of hostels in Whistler! http://www.hostels.com/whistler/canada

Depending on your arrival date I would suggest organizing accommodation prior to your arrival. If you would like me to be of assistance message me your info and we can go from there. Details such as arrival and departure dates, budget, location preference and also a resume always helps!

Great idea shaner, an assistance program for different resorts could be a new addition to the forums (jeremy???)

It’s pretty much what I try to do for noobs in Thredbo. Local knowledge goes a long way and can/will save so much let down for a working snow holiday/experience.

Shaner, this is awsume!.. I need your help = ).. Not sure if Jeremy has passed my resume on to you but i emailed it to him.. Im waiting on my visa, but finding it hard to secure a job before i leave Aus.. Are there many jobs going atm in Whistler??

There are plenty of jobs to go around at the moment! I believe Jeremy has emailed your resume to me so let me have a look and I’ll get back to ya!

Wow Shaner that’s really generous!
By the way, do I know u from Whistler? I was working for the schools/ride tribe pod. What pod are u in?

Hi everyone,

If you could please review my initial post at the top of the page as I have revised it. It covers expectations, requirements and fees.
My apologies for the delay in detail!

Please note you can feel free to ask any questions you may have in the forums and I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability! There is no obligation to use my services by being active in this forum.

Andy Aitken - 25 September 2011 03:12 AM

Wow Shaner that’s really generous!
By the way, do I know u from Whistler? I was working for the schools/ride tribe pod. What pod are u in?

Hey , I am in the privates department right below ride tribe. I know your name but can’t put a face to it…. It’s a bit hard to tell in your profile pic as you’re upside down and facing the other way…hahaha