The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2011

Also on wot if Acacia Snowy Motel, bunk room, $170 Saturday night.

That one is a sunday night!!!!!

deanobruce - 20 July 2011 10:20 AM

well after much deliberation (actually not much at all) im bailing on perisher.

the drive is long as shit and im not confident that if we do get the forecasted snow that the road over/through thredbo will be open.

falls creek it is!

I think Teddy Falls aka Teacher Boy aka K2 will be up at Falls this weekend too - you should go for a ride! I would too, but have a bl00dy 30th - grrrr. Will go to Buller…

ill let you stay at our place mizu but on weekends we usually have around 20 people staying over and crashing on floors lol

its gets kinda crazy

Rick0889 - 20 July 2011 10:36 PM

ill let you stay at our place mizu but on weekends we usually have around 20 people staying over and crashing on floors lol

its gets kinda crazy

Thanks for that Rick!!!! Your a champ!!!! shaka

Yeah, I’ve seen/been there!!!! Dont mind a drink, but a bit on the old side for all night doof doof rockin my skull till the early hours!!!!
  LOL

These current snow conditions are not getting me excited! It looks like the temps stayed just a little bit higher than predicted so lots of moisture coming through. Hmmmm hmmm

rider26 - 21 July 2011 12:55 AM

These current snow conditions are not getting me excited! It looks like the temps stayed just a little bit higher than predicted so lots of moisture coming through. Hmmmm hmmm

If your just tryin to make me feel better, its not workin!!!!  hmmm

Have you found accom Miz?

have u got accom yet mizu?

ohhh snap Blizz

should refresh before posting

Trip Report - 15th - 17th July

Well this was “supposed” to be my first snow trip for 2011, turns out Spaz had other plans for that raspberry

We booked this trip through OzSnow Adventures which included the bus trip, 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner and a room and overall it was about the same cost as doing it all ourselves the year before. If you live in Sydney and would prefer not to drive, I’d recommend it smile.

So we got on the bus at Central at 6:00pm on Friday night. Being the back seat bandits we are, we took the back seat lol. The bus was quiet as but we were drinking, playing guitar, singing and probably pissing people off who wanted to sleep (as you do). They stopped off at a bottle-o for alco prior to hitting the road and we got a case of Bundys for $84. (The guy goes “$22 time 4 = $84 right?” so I didn’t disagree…) As per any snow trip they stopped at Macca’s about 1/2 way down and we ended up at Snowy Valley resort about 11:30pm.

Drinking on the bus

Once we arrived, we checking in, dropped off the bags and went to check the pub (obviously…). Turns out that the Bar closes at 12 and they wouldn’t serve us any drinks… so we went and got some Bundys and started drinking in the bar… till we got kicked out by the staff.

The bar was not open

Once all our friends arrived, we retreated to the rooms and stayed up till 4am talking / drinking etc and went to bed as we had to wake up at 6:30 to go to the snow lol.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

Well we got up in time to make it to the snow fields. We decided that day 1 would be Perisher because Thredbo gets icy after 2pm and we weren’t getting back on the bus till 5. And since was the only snow trip for everyone but me, they didn’t want to stop riding. We got to the mountain at about 9 but by the time we were on a lift, it was closer to 9:30.

We dropped people off at lessons and away we went, flying over towards Blue Cow to get some good runs in before lessons were over and we lost a few people. The groomers were done really nicely and there was a layer of powder on top for a good portion of the day which provided lots of excellent opportunities to spray the punters. Once lessons were over, we met people back on front valley and got some lunch which consisted of a Kit Kat Chunky (damn you advertising) and a beer.

After lunch, we rode more park. Hit up Leichart first for some jumps and then went over to Blue Cow for the bus. It was harder this year having to jump to get on it but we pulled it off smile.

Riding the bus with no jacket, tradition lol…

When we got back to the Ski tube station, we waited about half hour for the bus and then they proceeded to tell us how good “Kid Mack” was… and that he would be playing a 2nd show at the Snowy Valley Resort. This included the quote “People were dancing on tables”

Kid Mack does not disappoint, (well he was crap… but this guy was loving it… back up on the table!)

They’re dancing on tables!

As well as seeing Kid Mack with horrible acoustics, we hit up the sauna / pool, we played pool at the pub and met a character named Dean who brought us “Hot B!tches”.

We got to bed around 2am to try and get some rest prior to the 2nd day.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

Day 2 of riding took us to Thredbo. Again we dropped people off at lessons and got right into it. We met some friends that were staying at Thredbo and went to the top of the gunbarrel. First run, no camera, meet you at the bottom folks. I think this run lasted <5 minutes, we just fanged it to the bottom and didn’t stop! We then “traversed” to the Kozi express and did the supertrail a few times before heading back down to Friday Flats to pick up the lesson people and a snickers for lunch. I won a free bar, cheering!

After lunch we decided to again hit up the parks and went over to merrits and I was attempting board slides on the boxes (as you can see in the video, this ended up with me on my ass!) and Flying Squirrels over the jumps (best one on video is a piss poor attempt). By 2pm, we had enough and it was getting icy and windy (as Thredbo always does…) so we went down High Noon for some more park and then on the way down met some friends so we went back up for a last run down under the Gunbarrel chair. Lots of fun but also got a bit hurt trying to jump stupid stuff lol. Finished down dreamrun and then went to the River Inn for a Schnitty and Beer.

Group photo back at the Snowy Valley Resort.

And then sat on the bus for 6 hours back to Sydney. Lucky for me, I slept a good 2-3 of those smile.

Here is the edit for our trip. Enjoy:

I don’t think we’re going to make it down this weekend. Check the devo thread.  shut eye

Hopefully I can make it down for the day on Saturday. If not, I’ll 100% be down next weekend.

Great TR, TJ!!!! (I’ll have to watch the edit when I get home but)

What happened to ya eyes!!!! Did the “Hot B!tches” steal them????  tongue laugh

Fun times!!!

Mizu Kuma - 21 July 2011 04:46 AM

Great TR, TJ!!!! (I’ll have to watch the edit when I get home but)

What happened to ya eyes!!!! Did the “Hot B!tches” steal them????  tongue laugh

Nah I just suck at taking photos with flashes… :(