The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek 2011

I’ll get him to sign up to BW and do that. cool smile

sh!t yeh thats a mad edit!

Heading to Falls this weekend fora week.

I was thinking of going for one of the package deals Falls has on offer that includes a lesson each day. This is my second week on a board and I think it will really help with my progression.

Only thing is, the first two days you are limited to Falls Express, Drovers Dream, Gully, Eagle,  MouseTrap, Boardwalk & Monkey Bar. Those lifts basically give you access to almost all the greens and the noob terrain park as well as a number of blues.  Then from the 3rd day you can access all lifts on the mountain.

It’s a reasonably good saving (details here http://www.skifalls.com.au/TicketsPasses under “learn to ski or board”)

Has anyone here ever gone for this kind of deal? Do you reckon I’d be kicking myself if I limit where I can go on the mountain?

Would appreciate some advice….

Cheers all ^_^

You are there for a week yeh? I think if you are getting lessons in the first few days (which I think is a great idea, lessons always help no matter what your level of riding), you will not be limited by only riding these lifts. There is heaps of terrain you can access off these lifts. Espcially if you wanted to do some blacks you take Eagle up and ride down The Ys into Village Bowl. There is heaps of fun to be had off those lifts. So I say definately go for it! Espesh cos its only your second week on a board, lessons will help heaps and get you off to a good start for your trip. And if your are in lessons you wont have to worry bout going to other areas as the instructor will take you where is best anyway.

Hahaah that’s a cool edit k2! You up this weekend?

Yeh Billy, looks like I will be. How bout you? or are you Gotham bound

Not sure! One or the other. Will let ya know!

Cooolies. come to Falls! Mizu will be there on Sunday too! Mini BW Shred! are you guys doin a day trip or over nighter?

And antisense!

Viva La Shred El Mexicano!!!!!!  shred

Ariba Ariba Yipahhh!!!

Thought I’d put all the recent Drovers park lap vids in here:

Just wondering if anyone’s used the supermarket pre-order & delivery system they have up at Falls..
Considering it this year, thinking we’ll be low on space in the car

Here’s part one of my Falls TR (I’ll do it in installments, as I don’t really wanna bore the tit’s of you guys too early in the piece!!!!!)

Day 1/2
Headed off after packin the car on what was to be the start of a great trip, that would have us visit many places that we have never been to before!!!!

After the ritualistic trip up the bends of Macquarie Pass we headed down the Hume to our first stop for a feed on a top class pepper pie from Barney’s at Bookham!!!!! Set off again to drop into Gundagai and then Holbrook for a quick refuel and statue ride at the Submarine Museum, then a fly by the Ettamogah Pub, closed and no beer, devo!!!!! : (

* Barney’s Pepper Pie, mmmm….

* Fire Torpedo 1,

Pulled through Wodonga and picked up a pair of snow chains that I had pre-purchased the week before, then set off for Milawa, the gourmet region of Vic, and our first two nights away from Mizu Cottage!!!!!
We stayed in the Muskrat Cottage at Popeye’s Caravan Park!!!!! Sorry Muscat!!!!

* The Reception at Popeye’s, 

Ate some awesome food around Milawa and the Glod Rush Town of Beechworth, that we dropped into on the day that they were celebratin the anniversary of Ned Kelly’s trial!!!! Got serenaded at the Brewery by the Barber Shop Quartet lead vocal, so the only correct thing to do was to reciprocate by blowin him a kiss!!!!
Worthwhile stops – Milawa Cheese Factory and Bakery for everythin, and Bridge Road Brewery in Beechy for their India Pale Ale and Pizza!!!!!

* The Bridge Road Brewery,

Locals were as rough as guts, stern but so friendly after we got chattin and I’m pretty sure that every woman in Milawa is related somehow????

Day 3
Packed the Subie and headed off for Falls Creek, drivin through the town of Bright, was really nice with the countryside bein awesome with the tree lined streets, great little farms abound and even the plantation pine forests givin the place a real alpine feel!!!!
Made our way over the Towonga Gap Road, and into Mt Beauty with an awesome lookout at the top down into Mt Beauty and what was to be our first of many glimpses at Mt Bogong!!!! Drivin down, saw a great opportunity to slap up a sticker and with no traffic around, until the entire population of Mt Beauty decided to drive past me as soon as I got out of the car that is!!!!!

*Obligatory Boardworld sticker placement onto street sign,

Grabbed some chips n gravy at the pub in Towonga Sth, washed it down with quick a schooey or two, then headed off up the windin road to our main reason for bein over the border In the first place, Falls Creek here we come!!!!!

*Bogong from the road to Falls, (Taken on a clear day) **And I know that the horizon isn’t straight either Gamblor, that’s just how the mountain went!!!!!**

Drove into Falls not seein a thing due to the snow/fog, so it was a little disorientatin to say the least!!!! Chucked all our gear into our upgraded 3 bedroom, 6 person Jacuzzi equipped humpy at Quay West, yeeewwww, and went down to meet K2 at Tom Dick and Harry’s for the first time, had a chat a couple of beers and listen to the acoustic sounds of the local muso’s that even included a couple of kids that they let join in on percussion!!!!! Was cool as!!!! Ohh, yeah, before the lead dude started to play he nearly took my foot out with one of his stand speakers that he was pluggin in!!!! K2 saw it happenin, but was no real help at all, note to myself keep away from K2 at the Shred when he spots things that are about to fall!!!!

*K2’s welcomin hand gesture!!!! Must be a Mexican Howdy Salute???? And that’s his mate Pablo, sittin beside him!!!!!

Day 4
Up at 5:30 like a kid on Christmas Mornin, to look out the window and see a couple of cm’s on the ground and the view from our room!!!!!

* A Room with a View,

Part two:

Weather was great for the first day with patchy blue sky, light winds and a little bit of intermittent snow throughout the day!!!!!
Up the Falls Express chair that was right at the door of our accommodation, and once at the top got an instant overview of the “Main” section of Falls’ playgrounds!!!! Awesome to look down on the lake, and even better with a blue bird day reflection as we found out on our final day here!!!!
Second run and just as I got off the lift, I get a yell out from behind!!!!! It was antisense, with a grin from one ear that went twice around his head until it met up with the other ear!!!!! He was amped to say the least!!!!! He also had a lesson to attend, so we made a pact to ride either that arvo or the next day!!!!!

* Rocky Valley Lake,

Had a great day cruising around Drovers, Sun Valley, Ruined Castle and under the Falls Express!!!!
Back to the pad for a few beers and a Hot Tub!!!!! This is the life!!!!! Who wants to be a millionaire…….. I do!!!!!
We then met up with antisense and his lovely wife, for dinner at The Man Pub, had a steak that beat me just at the end, a couple of brews and a chat for a brief while until we all decided it was time for an early night after some tirin days of travel and ridin!!!!!

Day 5

Headed out into some pretty pea soup conditions, and decided to do a couple of runs up around the Village Bowl!!!!! Would have been nice to see where we were goin , but still had fun in a little sugary dustin that fell o’night!!!!! Still yet to really see the Village from that angle!!!!!
Was meant to catch up for a few runs with anti, but called it quits quite early due to the vis, and hit that damn hot tub!!!!! A couple of bottles of champagne and quite a few beers, and we were in bed asleep by 6:30pm!!!!! Hahahahahaa, I think that the last time I did that was when I was 4 years old!!!!!

Day 6

Planned to meet up top with antisense just before 9 at Cloud 9!!!!! I had a great time ridin with him as he was keen to ride anywhere!!!! We rode about 70% of the resort non-stop till about 12:30, when we parted ways to meet up with our respective halves for loonch!!!!! We had one of K2’s recommendations, that was to be the norm for the rest of the week, a Cransky in a Roll washed down with a Stella on tap!!!!!

* Antisense at the top of The Summit,

Day 7

Pretty much a non event as all lifts bar Pete’s Train was the only “lift” that wasn’t on wind hold!!!! You have to be a certain height to ride Pete’s Train, and be able to fit into a orange Milo Bib!!!!!
And the worst part bein that we were supposed to catch the Chopper over to Hotham, to go for a slide around the hills with Azz n Tambo!!!!! Sadly the Chopper was canned due to the weather!!!!! : (
So it was a day to do absolutely SFA, until it was hot tub time and to watch mother nature turn on a show for us!!!!! Probably 10cm in under 2 hours, and things were lookin awesome for the day!!!!! Yeeewwwww!!!!

* Gotta love the Snowy Mountains,

* A couple of the crew might remember this shot, that I just had to text them on the way back from the fridge run!!!!!

* And their replies that I got back!!!!