The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2014-2015 — Official Thread

Myself, Rico (skip11), Andy Aitken and RhysL.

Andy looks like a giant near you shorties.

Andy IS a giant!

BOARDWORLD DINNER / OPENING DAY

As mentioned in my previous post, what an awesome couple of days it was. Michelle and I drove into Whistler and brought a hitchhiker from the Whistler Facebook group, who turned out to be a really awesome dude and came out for dinner — Rob from Germany, coming to Whistler for the first time, staying at Glacier staff housing (where Dylan is). There must have been about 20 of us at drinks before dinner at Crystal Lounge. I finally got to meet PosiJohn, Wilmshurst, Sarah (Wilmshurst’s wife), Danthegraphicsman, and caught up with a lot of old and new friends.

Most of us went on to dinner at Mongolie Grill. It was a really enjoyable evening getting to know everyone.

Opening day was heaps of fun. The cover was good on the groomers, although other areas need a lot more snow. Still, it was awesome getting up there and shredding with friends. Here’s to a great season ahead!

Mongolie Grill

First Boardworld dinner of the season

Opening day excitement

Always great seeing this guy… finney

Michelle and Alysha (RhysL’s girlfriend)

Michelle, Alysha, Andy Aitken, RhysL, skip11 and Danthegraphicsman

Add Imke (Dylan’s housemate), Deano and Jacqui to the mix

Riding down to Red Chair

Splitz lamb burger and Whistler Chestnut Ale after riding… is there anything better?

PosiJohn with his new snowboard… YES Jackpot 158

Man, that Splitz. You guys left me and Andy up top eating a less stellar burger at Roundhouse =(. I’m thoroughly disappointed haha.

General expectation of a Voglsinger in whistler:

LOL

deanobruce - 24 November 2014 11:20 AM

Andy IS a giant!

I second that!

haha

GREAT opening day with you lot. looking forward to a killer season. BRING ON THE SNOW!

DylanV - 24 November 2014 10:10 PM

General expectation of a Voglsinger in whistler:

LOL

You must be related. teacherboy

Shit today was hella fun, Went up at lunch and scored some epic runs with Dyldo. Puked all day and now still doing so down ot the village.

Yeah, it was! I had my first day on board today…late start, but got in some great runs grin

I even got to meet Andy!

Stoked for you, Lulu! shaka

lulu_in_canada - 25 November 2014 01:20 PM

Yeah, it was! I had my first day on board today…late start, but got in some great runs grin

I even got to meet Andy!

was that you who we rudely interrupted mid conversation with andy just outside the roundhouse? LOL

DylanV - 25 November 2014 01:55 PM
lulu_in_canada - 25 November 2014 01:20 PM

I even got to meet Andy!

was that you who we rudely interrupted mid conversation with andy just outside the roundhouse? LOL

Was that you who got a core shot Dylan?... yeah it was.

Yeeeew!

We just dropped the Whistler Blackcomb opening day edit featuring Shredders Logan Farrow and Jake Shanahan!

There wasn’t a lot open and a lot of people out there frothing to get turns in, but we managed a few solid laps and the lads stretched their legs in the park. Check it out!

Also, just a subtle promo to my website… http://www.danthegraphicsman.com/

Do yourself a favour and go out and try one of these. So tasty!