The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2014-2015 — Official Thread

Is there anything going on in the village tonight? I’ve searched the Facebook groups but can’t find anything. The Prior snowboards thing is a bit far for me.

You can get a bus from the village to Function Junction. It only takes about 15-20 minutes.

Also, Thursday night is Local’s Night at Garfinkels in the village. https://www.facebook.com/GarfinkelsWhistler

Im working at 6 tomorrow night so no dice for dinner. I am not sure if its just a training meeting or what (First shift) but depending on what time i finish i may see you guys around.

Hey guys Damo here, nice to meet you all.

Ive been stalking the Boardworld forums for awhile now and decided it was time to sign up and introduce myself.

Heading over to Whistler this coming January. (would love to be there with you guys now but work commitments put a halt on a few things.) visas approved and pumped to get my arse over there asap. Also crossing my fingers by January the crazy job and accommodation crisis has settled down a little

Went to Whistler and Sun Peaks early this year on a holiday and loved it that much, decided to pack my life up, put things in motion and head over. Keen to meet you guys in person make some friends and shred with you all come next year.  bring on an epic season.!!

That’s awesome, Damo. Welcome to Boardworld. shaka

Where are you from? What’s you plan for Whistler?

Looking forward to catching up when you get here in Jan!

We had an awesome catch up at Crystal Lounge and dinner at Mongolie Grill with a whole lot of new faces. It was great meeting all of you, and of course catching up with old friends too. Just a few photos from dinner…

Awesome feed! And good to finally catch up with Jez and Michelle again.
Cool to see so many new faces too!
See u all on the hill tomorrow! Yew!

had to leave work early last night, longest most exhausting night ive had in awhile, started hallucinating and chucking up, hopefully it all clears up by about 330 thisarvo so i can get back into work and have abit of a slide with whoever is here tomorrow

rider26 - 22 November 2014 05:25 PM

That’s awesome, Damo. Welcome to Boardworld. shaka

Where are you from? What’s you plan for Whistler?

Looking forward to catching up when you get here in Jan!

Thanks mate,

From the Central Coast NSW. Yourself? Nothings set in concrete yet as to where im gonna stay, more then likely the hostel for awhile until i can score myself a place to crash. Same goes with a job, sparky by trade but gonna be looking at absolutely anything and everything for a job to get me started. i should be right to last a couple of months without one but i don’t wanna have to worry at all come pay day if im gonna make it to next week or not. 

Mongolie Grill is an awesome place, it was a regular dinner stop for me last January when i was there. pretty jealous right now.

Cant wait to get over there and start shredding.

Just got back from a successful day of buying gear for the season. Many thanks to Jeremy, Michelle, Rhys and Alicia for all the help today!

They got me started with a Yes Jackpot board, Now IPO bindings, Dragon Rogue goggles and a Sandbox helmet. I’m halfway there and can’t wait to get started now.

Everyone i’ve met from Boardworld over the past two days has been awesome and hopefully i’ll catch up with some more of you in the coming weeks.

Killer setup John. Really nice gear

Thanks. I can’t wait to try it out now. Hopefully I’ll get my pass sorted soon.

Is anyone that’s in Whistler an MMA fan? Tapleys is showing the UFC tonight, it would be good to watch it with some others if anyone is interested.

Wait what?!!?!? There’s a mogolian grill. YEAH!!!!!!

Just a quick one as I’m exhausted from this trip and in desperate need of a shower, but… what an awesome couple of days in Whistler. Caught up with so many people, went shredding with a big Boardworld posse today. Just an epic couple of days. And I got to spend a bunch of John’s money on snowboarding gear which was really fun! LOL

Here’s a quick photo for now but I’ll upload a few more later.

I tried to get John to buy this outerwear but he said the colours don’t match his new board. LOL