The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2014-2015 — Official Thread

Me me me, I’m goin with Rhys.

Awesome! punch

You guys are driving on Saturday morning?

Yeapp, that’s what Rhys said, 6AM from Vancouver.

Sweet. Give me a buzz when you’re near Whistler.

Will do

Nah im just a host for now,

I will be heading in fairly early so i can get a decent place in line and get a few runs in before work. Not sure what time exactly yet.

Hey, I’m Finney have been here a few years now. Chances are you’ll probably find me wearing a blue jacket over the weekend along with all of other staff who work for the mountain. I’m not allowed to ride just yet, hoping to be cleared to ride at the start of January so I’ll see you all out on the hill then

I’m John. I’ve been posting irregularly on here for about 4/5 months now.
Working at the Four Seasons. This is my first time here and my first attempt at snowboarding. Can’t wait to get started.
Hopefully meet some of you for a beer/food soon!

finney - 20 November 2014 01:11 PM

Hey, I’m Finney have been here a few years now. Chances are you’ll probably find me wearing a blue jacket over the weekend along with all of other staff who work for the mountain. I’m not allowed to ride just yet, hoping to be cleared to ride at the start of January so I’ll see you all out on the hill then

Hey Finney,

You sound like a real swell guy, lets be friends.

Cheers,

Rhys.

haha ps. YES i’ll be up on saturday with a car full of stragglers. Skip i might get you a bit earlier than 6pm - picking up two UBC girls as well. you’ll have fun in the back seat mate wink Finney i’ll come give you a hug on the way up. catch you for a beer after work?
Jez save us a spot in the que!

You mean 6AM* hahaha.

Forecast is calling 24cm on Friday. Saturday should be goooooddd.

finney - 20 November 2014 01:11 PM

I’m not allowed to ride just yet, hoping to be cleared to ride at the start of January so I’ll see you all out on the hill then

Fingers crossed for you!!!

We have our first hitchhiker booked for the drive to Whistler. Thank you, Whistler Facebook group. LOL

Yeah man theres SO many people looking for rides, i could have filled the car twice!

I’m Michelle, Jeremy’s wife. I am from the Whistler/ Vancouver area and grew up skiing and riding riding Whistler since I was 2.

We are living in Vancouver this season but I will be working weekends as a ski instructor with Whistler Blackcomb.

Can’t wait to get up the mountain this weekend, if I can get a pass!

Welcome to all the new members. smile