The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Line Up - Daily Chat :)

Here’s a photo of Michelle and I from the Miami Heat vs Cleveland Cavs game. There was a fight right near us between Cavs and Heat fans, which I managed to get really good video of. I will upload it as soon as I get a better internet connection.

This is where we’re staying in The Bahamas for the next three weeks. We are staying on the sailing boat which you can see behind Michelle. It’s so beautiful here.

The boats…

The docks…

The Casuarina

Going for a paddle…

One more photo from the water…

Last night’s sunset from the boat…

Nice Rider!!

Jez, it sucks to be you hey !!!!!!!! Looks awesome dude, living the dream.

I wonder how K2 is going paddling? he was heading up near Falls Creek again wasn’t he?
Would’ve bloody freezing up there yesterday.  shock

I was just reminded I’m going Go-Carting today!

Had forgotten all about it until I was told yesterday.

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice photos Rider! Looking forward to seeing the fight wink

Carting is sick!!!!

I’ve never done it before, and yep took a POV with me. I actually took 2 but because of the rush didn’t take spare batteries or all my mounting hardware.

It was a Christmas work party so there were a few of us (12peeps). 2 X 8 laps then a 12 lap final.

The first run I didn’t use the SD slot cover and the vibration of the cart dislodged the card = fail!
2nd run mounted the cam to the headrest and managed to vid 3 laps - nervous about losing footage after the first attempt I saved to the card while driving. At this stage I was overtaken and… well….. I’m competitive. I turned the cam off instead of hitting rec. = Semi fail! But got within 3sec of the track record!!!!!! and knocked 2 sec off my best time.

Finals - seeded #1 and with pole position. I mounted the cam on the carts bump skirt behind the front wheel but guess what. FAIL!!!!!! On the first lap I was driving so tight that it was taken off when I shaved the tire wall. On the third lap mum decided to park in the middle of the track when I was tailing her. I T-boned her on the second fastest part of the track and cracked one of her ribs. Hit her so hard that her cart was pushed out of the way and I was able to keep going. Next lap I needed assistance after wedging myself and another into a wall. It was then I was told the cam had come loose.

It was wrapped around the axle and had been throwing sparks off the tarmac the whole time.

Do I need to say it recorded the whole time it was under the cart and only has aesthetic damage.
No I don’t! It’s a VIO POV - toughest cam in the world.

Oh yeah, I won and was awarded a trophy. Footage later!

That will be some sweet footage Spaz!

Awesome stuff spaz. Where’s that track?

Wow those pics look nuts Rider….are there fish in there?

Mizu i wouldnt worry about me adding to the snow jealousy…....first run this trip and i was doing follow cam and took a nice stack and broke my vid cam and snapped my binding…....and couldnt ride the rest of the day!  you mustve jinxed me ! wink
If i can get my camera working or dry…or both, ill put up the footage.

On the plus side the temperature has dropped to minus 9 and its snowing again….!

nice vid to spaz…i really like your pink helmet!

Fastlanekarting in Campbelltown http://www.fastlanekarting.com.au/

I think karting and tooth fillings don’t mix! My new filling fell out this morning- it must have been shaken loose wink
It’s a pity I didn’t get some tight passing footage or the epic crash that broke mums ribs!!

CRACKERS - 19 December 2010 05:57 PM

Wow those pics look nuts Rider….are there fish in there?

Yeah I saw a few fish around the boat when I went for a dive. The canal isn’t too busy (with people/boats) at the moment, so not much food in the water, so not many fish. Just out of the canal though, there are lots of fish. We are going fishing tomorrow I think.

Be careful diving in a canal. If it’s anything like Surfers Paradise- the canals are full of the most dangerous shark to people in the world. BULL SHARKS.