The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Mid Week Line up- TueWednesday- it’s a hump!

So remember the other week I made a stack of cash videoing dance concerts.

I’ve spent all the money, on;

1/ New monitor to edit from. A bargain at $700 for a 50” plasma! Your posts look great on it by the way.

2/ A bucket load of POV.HD headcams. (Hope they get hear before Xmas)

3/ Parts and bits for the POV.1 and development of a commercial poleCam.

4/ Final Cut Studio Upgrade, trackpad(I love it too Azz) and printing/dvds/packaging for the job.

Now it’s time to knuckle down and edit the 12hours of footage. (3 camera’s X 3 concerts) and I operated all three camera’s. I have 6 weeks to have it finished - but remember Xmas/New Years has to fit in there.

Happy Humping!

Sounds great spaz, what a way to spend your money!

I would definitely be interested in your poleCam. Do you have anything to show us yet?

We are expecting a heap of snow here, but the storm isn’t quite here yet. It’s pretty wet outside our house and morning reports from finney tell me it’s windy and wet/heavy up there. Hurry up snow! I want to ride!

Getting absoultely thumped with rain atm. Here is the radar of Melbourne atm:

rider26 - 07 December 2010 08:05 PM

Sounds great spaz, what a way to spend your money!

I would definitely be interested in your poleCam. Do you have anything to show us yet?

We are expecting a heap of snow here, but the storm isn’t quite here yet. It’s pretty wet outside our house and morning reports from finney tell me it’s windy and wet/heavy up there. Hurry up snow! I want to ride!

No not yet.
I’ve had the idea in my head for a while.

I started tinkering this week and made a rough mounting system for the VIO recorder. I had a few broken camera heads (I broke the first one trying to get it through a ski pole) and I cut that apart and got it working with the leed flush off the recorder instead of sticking out the top 3”. Now the leed can go through the pole, I’ve even got an adjustable pole so the length can be changed on the fly, the camera mount rotates to any angle and….
I’m yet to try to build it but;
Using an RC helicopter giro I should be able to make it stay horizontal by self adjusting using a mini servo and small gearing.

For the PoleCam product; the self levelling mount will be an optional extra and for all-in-one cameras the pole will probably need some ballist below the handle - it helps keep it steady- where with the VIO the recorder acts as ballist that has a monitor.

I’ll take some photo’s maybe later today.

spaz the inventor !!!!!! Keen to see the pics spaz man.

I am sick of the Christmas rush!!!!!!

Hoping that rain stays to the west, will bugger my schedule if it rains heaps, not looking good though!!!

God dam it Spaz good on ya mate….... So do you shave your legs when YOU dance around spaz??? Just to help you move around an all lol