The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

fatima4u - 03 August 2011 11:10 AM

just got home from 3 days of riding with eddie, rider and chucky… got some new tricks down soooo stoked :D

got my first FS 360 landed in merrits park
FS 180 melon grab also in merrits park
cleared the first jump at high noon with a grab aswell
learnt how 2 spin on the boxes aswell

cant wait 2 get back down there n get some more tricks down yewwwww

That’s awesome, mate. So stoked to see you going so well in such a short period of time. I wish I progressed that fast in the park when I first started riding.

fatima4u - 03 August 2011 11:10 AM

just got home from 3 days of riding with eddie, rider and chucky… got some new tricks down soooo stoked :D

got my first FS 360 landed in merrits park
FS 180 melon grab also in merrits park
cleared the first jump at high noon with a grab aswell
learnt how 2 spin on the boxes aswell

cant wait 2 get back down there n get some more tricks down yewwwww

Good Stuff mate!!!!  cool grin

I reckon that the dude that tunes and waxes ya board must really know his shit????  LOL

will he wax me?

Nice fatima and cords shaka

deanobruce - 04 August 2011 06:25 AM

will he wax me?

You want wax job Boy???? I do best wax job in all of Cringila!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 02 August 2011 12:04 PM
cords - 02 August 2011 08:43 AM

I might add to this too! Have ridden 9 days here in NZ so far and was having heaps of fun but was a bit disappointed because I hadn’t felt any “mojo” at all. Today at snow park it all changed and I ended up landing my first BS3s off any kind of jump. It kinda started yesterday at Cardrona…I’d been hitting a side hit and doing heaps of bs1s and on the last run of the day I got all the way around for a 3.
Today I did a few BS1s off a small jump and decided I’d try the 3s. I washed out on the first and then made my 2nd and 3rd attempts. So stoked! It was one of those perfect, sunny days and finally getting some rhythm in my riding just topped it off. It was a great feeling to head straight at the kicker (it was really small but I don’t care!) and not be scared of trying the rotation. Unfortunately by then it was last lifts so I can’t wait to get back up there tomorrow! Weather looks good again, too. Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow and I’m hoping to do them off a slightly bigger jump! Wish me luck!

p.s. Snow Park is the best place in the whole world!

Amped!!!!! I love it!!!!!  shaka

sick work cords!

while on the subject of new stuff my last trip gave me some new success with tricks at perisher

on monday in Leichardt Terrain park i practised doing the same run till i had it very smooth and tweaked
FS 360 over the 1st jump
BS to FS shifty or Method over the 2nd
FS to BS shifty over the 3rd almost overshooting the landing to get speedup for…
FS 180 to nose press stall to Nollie BS 180 out up the 1/4, Hip/transfer wall
5050 or 5-0 on the low skate rail
Nose or Tail Grab over the 2nd last table
BS 180 nose taps over the bonk bin
also attempted a switch FS nose tap over the bin…got the tap and landed but it was pretty slow and awkward.

also hit the step down box on front valley with 5050 to boardslide
5050 on the medium flat bar
5050 over the battle ship box

for the biggest challenge though, my mate dared me to ride the T-bar to piper switch (as in i am natural but ride it goofy with opposite foot strapped in)
i was certain i would fall but stayed upright the whole ride and discovered riding switch up the t-bar is much less pressure on your leg than normal.

Sick run Banger. Sounds like ur really gettin it dialled in

Love to film ya doin that run, Banger!!!!!  shaka

Or even just watch ya!!!!!

Banger is so much fun to ride with. You better be comin to the shred!

Hell Yeah!!!!!

cool grin

ill try…SDV is not keen as she has to work…but being my own boss, well lets just say anything is possible!

how much will lift tickets be? i already have my perisher season pass… :(

this trip to Thredbo I have got myself a handfall more of trick selection!!

FS and BS 180 and 360 over jumps with grabs
Downhill rails 5050 and FS boardslides
FS boardslides
180, 360 ,540 flatbox spins
shifties are getting more tweaked
few more grabs over highnoon jump
the rail of the jump in merrits.. plus a BS 180 poped of that
nollie manuals
riding switch a bit better as well
tail press slide over a flatbox

not to bad with only 20 days from the first day I started snowboarding!!!

Yeh you guys are killin it! Progressin fast. Cant wait to shred with you boys in sept!

This weekend is all about switch, gotta get it down pat! For my riding to get better!