The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

Thanks for sharing K2. Sounds like you were pulling some pretty sick tricks mate shaka

rider26 - 15 May 2011 06:46 PM

Yeah Dan, great write up indeed. Injuries can be such a testing time; it’s so easy to get into a negative frame of mind and become lazy. It took strong character to keep your chin up and come back strong the way you did. I’m so stoked it all came together for you and you really got to experience what Whistler is all about. For me, it was so good watching you progress so quickly. I remember the first and last time we went riding together this season; it’s like it was two completely different people. Your progression was nothing short of amazing. While you say you didn’t progress much in the park, I did see your freestyle skills progress considerably. All in all, it was an awesome season and I’m stoked you had such a great time. It’s always nice to reflect on your achievements. Thank you for the kind words too.

Whoops didn’t see your reply Jeremy. Cheers for the positive feedback bro shred

Hi-5 K2 shaka

cheers boys shaka

I’ll have to bust out the new DSLR and gat a couple of shots of ya on sunday, K2!!!!!!

Mizu well Sunday’s forcast is sun, so might be a goer!

shaka

Lookin at the forecasts then, we might get snow over the w/e????

Yeh Fri 16cm, but rain too. and 5cm Sat.

interesting….

I might add to this too! Have ridden 9 days here in NZ so far and was having heaps of fun but was a bit disappointed because I hadn’t felt any “mojo” at all. Today at snow park it all changed and I ended up landing my first BS3s off any kind of jump. It kinda started yesterday at Cardrona…I’d been hitting a side hit and doing heaps of bs1s and on the last run of the day I got all the way around for a 3.
Today I did a few BS1s off a small jump and decided I’d try the 3s. I washed out on the first and then made my 2nd and 3rd attempts. So stoked! It was one of those perfect, sunny days and finally getting some rhythm in my riding just topped it off. It was a great feeling to head straight at the kicker (it was really small but I don’t care!) and not be scared of trying the rotation. Unfortunately by then it was last lifts so I can’t wait to get back up there tomorrow! Weather looks good again, too. Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow and I’m hoping to do them off a slightly bigger jump! Wish me luck!

p.s. Snow Park is the best place in the whole world!

Stoked for ya cords! BS3s are def the first 3 you should try to learn. You can spot your landing. Its just the initial fear of turning away from where your headed.
Hope tomorrow goes well for ya!

cords - 02 August 2011 08:43 AM

I might add to this too! Have ridden 9 days here in NZ so far and was having heaps of fun but was a bit disappointed because I hadn’t felt any “mojo” at all. Today at snow park it all changed and I ended up landing my first BS3s off any kind of jump. It kinda started yesterday at Cardrona…I’d been hitting a side hit and doing heaps of bs1s and on the last run of the day I got all the way around for a 3.
Today I did a few BS1s off a small jump and decided I’d try the 3s. I washed out on the first and then made my 2nd and 3rd attempts. So stoked! It was one of those perfect, sunny days and finally getting some rhythm in my riding just topped it off. It was a great feeling to head straight at the kicker (it was really small but I don’t care!) and not be scared of trying the rotation. Unfortunately by then it was last lifts so I can’t wait to get back up there tomorrow! Weather looks good again, too. Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow and I’m hoping to do them off a slightly bigger jump! Wish me luck!

p.s. Snow Park is the best place in the whole world!

Amped!!!!! I love it!!!!!  shaka

just got home from 3 days of riding with eddie, rider and chucky… got some new tricks down soooo stoked :D

got my first FS 360 landed in merrits park
FS 180 melon grab also in merrits park
cleared the first jump at high noon with a grab aswell
learnt how 2 spin on the boxes aswell

cant wait 2 get back down there n get some more tricks down yewwwww

hells yeah fatima rocker