The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

You were killin’ it Lano! Speed demon! shred

blizzard_22 - 03 September 2014 10:31 AM
Aidy - 03 September 2014 08:01 AM

Also could all the girls please stop talking all the girls into disappearing off into the all girls thread that’s only for girls.  Thanks.

No one is telling anyone to ‘disappear’ into any other thread. There aren’t many of us on the forums, and we are just encouraging activity in the section.

Nothing wrong with promoting the section created for us and trying to build the traffic there. I wouldn’t be doing my job as a Boardworld girls mod if I wasn’t encouraging the participation.

Yep this!

Trying to get more traffic (and girls) into the girls section!  But still dont want to neglect the other sections because of it… 

So to quote some little Mexican girl… “why not have both?”. (I posted in both sections). LOL

h0z - 03 September 2014 10:15 PM

So to quote some little Mexican girl… “why not have both?”.

I never saw Mudhoney post that?????

Aidy - 03 September 2014 08:01 AM

Also could all the girls please stop talking all the girls into disappearing off into the all girls thread that’s only for girls.  Thanks.

Light hearted comment retracted.

The small time we were riding together Lano you were killing it!

Thanks Billy and Deano.

Yep, Lano improved so much since the last time I saw him ride. Something has “clicked” for sure!

Jumping in on the I made progress during the shred parade!

I had an enjoyable half day of riding around with Jez, Michelle and Lano, on top of it being great fun I also picked up a few tips along the way.

It might sound silly but the biggest thing I needed to learn (and something that has been holding my progression back the past couple of years) is that it is ok to fall every now and then! big surprise

After injuring myself in a fairly innocent muck around session with a box a couple of years back I’ve been a bit gun shy. I’ve also fallen into the trap of never wanting to look silly or falling especially when in view of a chair lift. As I explain it to people I’ll happily practice switch until I feel the need to ride regular under the lift to quickly prove I can actually snowboard teacherboy

I was explaining this to Jez on the chairlift and he promptly had a list of things he wanted me to try over the next few runs. I was further encouraged when he caught an impressive edge whilst demoing what I was about to try. LOL

Anyway long story short each run I tried something new. Butter 180’s over the nose, popping 180’s intentionally under spinning to get a feel for landing toe side switch, switch 180’s and even Cab 360’s (my interpretation was more of a 270) there may have been more things but I was getting totally confused on the terminology of when something is cab or switch or frontside etc. Michelle also asked a good question regarding riding in chop which resulted in us all bombing down a chopped up run using nothing but our ankles to turn.

I’ve certainly still got a lot of work to do, mainly mentally and getting out of my comfort zone, pushing and trying new things like I did back when I was first learning.

My favourite run of the day was more my kind of thing as Jez and I bombed down from the top of high noon still love my speed runs!

Bring on Whistler!!!

Oh and how could I forget the progress I made in the art of snowboard bush survival with Azz, TJ, Billy and Deano on Sunday morning!

*patiently waiting to be asked to crosspost in the girls thead….  tongue wink

Mizu Kuma - 03 September 2014 10:28 PM
h0z - 03 September 2014 10:15 PM

So to quote some little Mexican girl… “why not have both?”.

I never saw Mudhoney post that?????

*snort*

This

drc13 - 04 September 2014 11:33 AM

As I explain it to people I’ll happily practice switch until I feel the need to ride regular under the lift to quickly prove I can actually snowboard teacherboy

This

I was further encouraged when he caught an impressive edge whilst demoing what I was about to try. LOL

& This

Hilarious! LOL

but remember if you are not falling you are not trying hard enough!

Except when you are skiing cause I never fall then! tongue laugh

Jumping in on the I made progress during the shred parade!

I had an enjoyable half day of riding around with Jez, Michelle and Lano, on top of it being great fun I also picked up a few tips along the way.

It might sound silly but the biggest thing I needed to learn (and something that has been holding my progression back the past couple of years) is that it is ok to fall every now and then! big surprise

After injuring myself in a fairly innocent muck around session with a box a couple of years back I’ve been a bit gun shy. I’ve also fallen into the trap of never wanting to look silly or falling especially when in view of a chair lift. As I explain it to people I’ll happily practice switch until I feel the need to ride regular under the lift to quickly prove I can actually snowboard teacherboy

I was explaining this to Jez on the chairlift and he promptly had a list of things he wanted me to try over the next few runs. I was further encouraged when he caught an impressive edge whilst demoing what I was about to try. LOL

Anyway long story short each run I tried something new. Butter 180’s over the nose, popping 180’s intentionally under spinning to get a feel for landing toe side switch, switch 180’s and even Cab 360’s (my interpretation was more of a 270) there may have been more things but I was getting totally confused on the terminology of when something is cab or switch or frontside etc. Michelle also asked a good question regarding riding in chop which resulted in us all bombing down a chopped up run using nothing but our ankles to turn.

I’ve certainly still got a lot of work to do, mainly mentally and getting out of my comfort zone, pushing and trying new things like I did back when I was first learning.

My favourite run of the day was more my kind of thing as Jez and I bombed down from the top of high noon still love my speed runs!

Bring on Whistler!!!

Oh and how could I forget the progress I made in the art of snowboard bush survival with Azz, TJ, Billy and Deano on Sunday morning!

Great post, mate. Made me laugh and put a smile on my face. thumbsup

If I had a dollar… snake

Bring on Whistler for sure! punch

So glad this thread is getting utilized more! Keep it coming everyone!

ozgirl - 04 September 2014 12:30 PM

but remember if you are not falling you are not trying hard enough!

THIS haha, more than anything this. If you want to progress and never fall or look like a goober, your progression will be slower than an injured snail. My crew always says “you gotta want it” when people are scared/uncomfortable with trying stuff.

For the record, I used to think exactly the same DRC. Always conscious under the chair but really who cares. You know you can BOMB it in regular so don’t worry if randoms see you riding switch and think you aren’t that awesome. We all know you are so isnt that enough!  punch

Man seems like everyone in here are progressing super fast except me =(.

@rider26: You need to give me a free whole day private lesson Jez hahah muscle

^^ We will shred, Rico. No worries about that. thumbsup

Yep, I agree with tracvks. Pretend no one is there. Seriously, who cares. Nothing is more important that having fun and progressing. Everyone had to learn different tricks/skills for a first time. Snowboarders of all levels look silly at times trying new things… but that’s progression for you.

As a training exercise, I will get DRC to do this when I pick him up from Vancouver Airport. LOL

Do IT!

Or

NO NHL for you! DRC michelle