The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

Rosi

By all means post in here but we also have a thread one over in the women section!

Lots posted after the girls ride day and the Shred

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/17356

No problamo Kim.  relaxed

Had another epic time down the snow this year again only if it was for week!!

ON THE HILL - Really feel like im progressing with my riding and becoming a lot more confident, my switch riding is getting better but still needs room for improvement I just freak out a little when I start to pick up speed and the runs are a little chopped up and have to go back to natural. I know ill get it soon I just need more time haha, learnt how butter without looking like a goof. Riding switch and popping back around to my toe edge side, doing clean 180s!!

PARK - Hitting the flat boxers with ease, doing front board sides on the flat boxers and flat to down boxes. This is where I want my riding to improve but need to have switch down packed before any of that haha!!

And cheers Jez for the help your legend yewwww

ozgirl - 02 September 2014 12:41 PM

Rosi

By all means post in here but we also have a thread one over in the women section!

Lots posted after the girls ride day and the Shred

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/17356

What if she just posted it in both would you be happy than?

Jeepers - I just thought she might want to join the girls discussion thats all!

Stoked for you both, Rosi and Warren. It was great riding with you guys and watching you progress so quickly! punch

Great progress Rosi smile as Oz said make sure you head on over to the girls section and share your progress there! So good to have more girls on board shred

Updated in girls after the shred… Updating in here now,

Ok after my last trip. I am way more confident with switch. I can now 180, over all the piper jumps and ride out switch then nose roll back to goofy…  And I can jump 180 back and forth between switch and goofy over each roller… (front side is more comfortable for me). I can Ollie into and out of presses (alot easier on tail - but got a few in there for nose.  and can now get my tail off the ground a noticeable amount for nose presses… But still working on the right stance. And i can noseroll both switch and goofy.. Trying to practice backside more… 

Can jump the bluecow jumps and 180 the smaller one at the bottom…  and can keep up with all the guys now… Got to around 75/80kmph the other day!!  And on my small board it feels soooo dodgy haha

Congrats all!  Glad to hear everyone’s out there shredding!  I’m a bit out of the loop, was this the shred weekend event that you guys do and people in England are jealous of?  Did you make a shred video, I remember one from was it last year, with someone going way too big off one of the jumps (gnarly but not pretty)? 

Also could all the girls please stop talking all the girls into disappearing off into the all girls thread that’s only for girls.  Thanks.

Aidy - 03 September 2014 08:01 AM

Also could all the girls please stop talking all the girls into disappearing off into the all girls thread that’s only for girls.  Thanks.

No one is telling anyone to ‘disappear’ into any other thread. There aren’t many of us on the forums, and we are just encouraging activity in the section.

Nothing wrong with promoting the section created for us and trying to build the traffic there. I wouldn’t be doing my job as a Boardworld girls mod if I wasn’t encouraging the participation.

All valid points. Let’s leave it at that. Ladies, post here if you’re progressing and please also share in the Girls section, as we are trying to increase female participation on the forums as Kim and Jenna have mentioned. So much progression, so much to share… shaka

Thank you to everyone who makes these threads happen (I’m stoked on both), and also to those who contribute and share their progression with us. Please respect what the girls are trying to do for Boardworld… it’s important and I for one really appreciate it. We are all on the same page, really. It’s all about snowboarding progression and sharing our stoke with the community.

Cool? cheese

Aidy - 03 September 2014 08:01 AM

Congrats all!  Glad to hear everyone’s out there shredding!  I’m a bit out of the loop, was this the shred weekend event that you guys do and people in England are jealous of?  Did you make a shred video, I remember one from was it last year, with someone going way too big off one of the jumps (gnarly but not pretty)?  .

Don’t know what your talking about red face  ollie LOL

,it’s be out of the loop. That was 3yrs ago wink

Not trying to reignite the topic but I would love for the girls to continue to post in here as I seldom visit the girls section of the forum ha   clap  clap

i was told by mr jezowitz that i have improved since last time, so i though i might post it on here.

happy that i can land 180, few butters eh and yeah almost 360 but not quiet there yet.