The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

rider26 - 04 September 2014 01:38 PM

^^ We will shred, Rico. No worries about that. thumbsup

Yep, I agree with tracvks. Pretend no one is there. Seriously, who cares. Nothing is more important that having fun and progressing. Everyone had to learn different tricks/skills for a first time. Snowboarders of all levels look silly at times trying new things… but that’s progression for you.

As a training exercise, I will get DRC to do this when I pick him up from Vancouver Airport. LOL

I’m gonna lay down a challenge, and I wanna see a video of both you and Dave doin this!!!!! LOL

I do that all the time. Michelle hates it and pretends she doesn’t know me.

rider26 - 04 September 2014 03:08 PM

I do that all the time. Michelle hates it and pretends she doesn’t know me.

you sure it’s the dancing?  tongue wink

It could be one of many things, really… flushed

LOL

rider26 - 04 September 2014 01:11 PM

Great post, mate. Made me laugh and put a smile on my face. thumbsup
I was explaining this to Jez on the chairlift and he promptly had a list of things he wanted me to try over the next few runs. I was further encouraged when he caught an impressive edge whilst demoing what I was about to try. LOL If I had a dollar… snake
Bring on Whistler for sure! punch

Yeeewww punch

skip11 - 04 September 2014 01:22 PM

Man seems like everyone in here are progressing super fast except me =(.

@rider26: You need to give me a free whole day private lesson Jez hahah muscle

Rico from what I’ve seen your style of riding is right up my alley, definitely keen for a shred when I’m over there.

tracvks - 04 September 2014 01:18 PM

For the record, I used to think exactly the same DRC. Always conscious under the chair but really who cares. You know you can BOMB it in regular so don’t worry if randoms see you riding switch and think you aren’t that awesome. We all know you are so isnt that enough!  punch

Haha cheers mate punch it probably comes as no surprise but I tend to have the habit of overthinking these things. I was even sitting on a long charlift ride up analysing how much I paid attention to people below and unless they were amazing or having epic crashes I didn’t really take much notice and wouldn’t remember who they were anyway, so maybe I should just get over it!

rider26 - 04 September 2014 01:38 PM

As a training exercise, I will get DRC to do this when I pick him up from Vancouver Airport. LOL

ozgirl - 04 September 2014 02:16 PM

Do IT!
Or
NO NHL for you! DRC michelle

Mizu Kuma - 04 September 2014 02:30 PM

I’m gonna lay down a challenge, and I wanna see a video of both you and Dave doin this!!!!! LOL

Haha nope no way not gonna happen, I’m up for a lot of things but dancing isn’t one of them, I’ve got no rhythm!  nutjob

drc13 - 04 September 2014 11:33 AM

Oh and how could I forget the progress I made in the art of snowboard bush survival with Azz, TJ, Billy and Deano on Sunday morning!

*patiently waiting to be asked to crosspost in the girls thead….  tongue wink

Hahaha i forgot about that. My brother was hating life on that run (As we all where)

deanobruce - 04 September 2014 03:59 PM

Oh and how could I forget the progress I made in the art of snowboard bush survival with Azz, TJ, Billy and Deano on Sunday morning!

Hahaha i forgot about that. My brother was hating life on that run (As we all where)

Can’t believe that’s one of the few runs I’ve done with you. I really enjoyed it actually but I tend to like to explore/struggle. It must have been brutal for you and your bro after the drive down he actually did really well! shaka

Was that the run I bailed on? From the top of Karels??

drc13 - 04 September 2014 03:53 PM

Haha nope no way not gonna happen, I’m up for a lot of things but dancing isn’t one of them, I’ve got no rhythm!  nutjob

tracvks - 04 September 2014 01:18 PM

So glad this thread is getting utilized more! Keep it coming everyone!

ozgirl - 04 September 2014 12:30 PM

but remember if you are not falling you are not trying hard enough!

THIS haha, more than anything this. If you want to progress and never fall or look like a goober, your progression will be slower than an injured snail. My crew always says “you gotta want it” when people are scared/uncomfortable with trying stuff.

For the record, I used to think exactly the same DRC. Always conscious under the chair but really who cares. You know you can BOMB it in regular so don’t worry if randoms see you riding switch and think you aren’t that awesome. We all know you are so isnt that enough!  punch

Haha I just dont care what people think.. Maybe that’s why I keep trying new things… I had the weirdest look from a Lifty on early starter at bc because I was lapping it.. And he asked how I was going and I said good.  Trying nose rolls… Almost nailed them.. He was like huh? (and gave me that ‘a girl doing tricks?’ Look)  it just made me laugh! 

At the end of the day.. If my arms aren’t sore from picking myself up after stacks.. I haven’t tried something new…  (and don’t feel like I’ve achieved anything!)

Rico from what I’ve seen your style of riding is right up my alley, definitely keen for a shred when I’m over there.

Yep, can’t wait to shred with you and the others. Will you be in Whistler for the whole season?

drc13 - 04 September 2014 04:11 PM
deanobruce - 04 September 2014 03:59 PM

Can’t believe that’s one of the few runs I’ve done with you. I really enjoyed it actually but I tend to like to explore/struggle. It must have been brutal for you and your bro after the drive down he actually did really well! shaka

The enchanted wood! Yeah that was fun!!! Apart from me thinking we’d have to hike out somewhere - but we didn’t!!

h0z - 04 September 2014 05:05 PM

At the end of the day.. If my arms aren’t sore from picking myself up after stacks.. I haven’t tried something new…  (and don’t feel like I’ve achieved anything!)

This is on point for me at the moment. I got myself into the habit of trying to fall as little as possible while a beginner and trying to get confident - but now it’s time for this mindset again to push myself and progress.

Cheers for the extra motivation!

geniass - 05 September 2014 10:28 AM
h0z - 04 September 2014 05:05 PM

This is on point for me at the moment. I got myself into the habit of trying to fall as little as possible while a beginner and trying to get confident - but now it’s time for this mindset again to push myself and progress.

Cheers for the extra motivation!

No worries!! I was the same.  I hated falling over… But now falling over means I am learning something new! And I want to progress as fast as I can! I’ve done alot of sports before but never loved something as much as I do this!  I’m addicted to it (and trying as many things as I can in a season!)