The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

got a cab 450 revert to 540 on the first at bc last saturday, just not quite there.
i totally agree with matty, BC are such nice smooth jumps atm
advice on the FV jumps, wait to speed check off someone and pop off atleast the first one, its bigger than before and that knuckle really compresses your spine when you land on it LOL

Watching the vids from that day dyldo ur body is really horizontal when u were trying them, I can try and post em up for u if u want.

Post vids for sure! Please, it helps everyone imo!

Got nose rolls down today.. More comfortable with front side than back side, but can do both.  alot more comfortable with switch now too… Even done a few switch presses and ollies,  and as a result I am a lot more comfortable (and can actually get the tail off the ground alot more) with nose pressing..  my ollies are getting more height and I can Ollie out of a tail press! So stoked!! 

Also hit the jumps in BC today…  Getting air off the left side of the kicker (not the kicker itself but they have a lip on the up ramp), clearing the knuckle and landing it!! Still not game enough for a kicker on a jump that size.  (testing how the knee handles it with more air before I try it!).

nice work hoz!  I’m very jealous!  I’ve just learnt how to use freeze panes in Excel. 

Get it Hoz, great work! Nice bumping into you again the other day smile

Got my first backflip off a park jump the other day and was wondering if anyone could give me details on progression to rodeos and corked 5’s. Are they still far far away or should I be thinking of trying soon? What did your progression from flat spin 5s and backflips to corked 5s and rodeos look like? Which were the first corked spins you tried? etc etc

Thanks!  punch

A video!

Nice backflip, it didn’t look hucked (like most of my early attempts) so you’re in good shape to do them with more air time which will make the landing easier to spot and control (and be yet more awesome).  I used to love the feeling as you approach the lip to do a backflip having to decide how much air you’re likely to get and how slow you could get away with throwing the flip.  But i’m rather reminiscing…

I never learnt rodeos although i took a few bails trying so no advice on that one.  On the corked back fives, when you unwind to start the rotation instead of keeping your shoulders level dip your front shoulder in the direction of your back foot (tail of the board).  My advice would be to just put a subtle cork on it to start but don’t worry too much because they all seem to come around (which is why it’s such a fun and (in my opinion) safe trick).

Another good one for going slightly off axis is the switch frontside 360, just keep your weight a little back when you throw it (you may as well grab tail while you’re there).  As above it doesn’t matter how much you cork it really, it’ll come round.

Thanks for posting the video tracvks, keep em coming!

NBG - 21 August 2014 09:51 AM

Watching the vids from that day dyldo ur body is really horizontal when u were trying them, I can try and post em up for u if u want.

yea do it thumbsup

Thanks for the props and advice Aidy! Cant wait to try on a bigger jump.

On second thoughts cork 5s might be a way off seeing as I havent got flat 5s on lock yet.. Got a bit carried away ha. Been thinking about a rodeo all week though so that might happen!  v

BFs on those jumps are actually pretty tricky because they are so small. You’ll find it easier on the bigger jumps (just a lil bit more scary).

There’s not much more to rodeos. Instead of leaving the lip with a flat base like in your vid, leave with purchase off the toes (FS) or the heals (BS) and roll it out over your shoulder instead of straight back. On a big jump all you have to do is follow that rule and spot the landing at about the halfway point in the rotation and your body will come round and do the rest.

Better get down there and get your act together soon - the jumps only really hold up until noon smile

tracvks - 26 August 2014 11:19 PM

Get it Hoz, great work! Nice bumping into you again the other day smile

Got my first backflip off a park jump the other day and was wondering if anyone could give me details on progression to rodeos and corked 5’s. Are they still far far away or should I be thinking of trying soon? What did your progression from flat spin 5s and backflips to corked 5s and rodeos look like? Which were the first corked spins you tried? etc etc

Thanks!  punch

That was so clean. Well done! punch

Cheers Jez!  punch

Didnt get over to FV to try the backflips but did give rodeos a try in leichartd, super surprised with how little is involved with backflips and bs rodeo. It took me what felt like forever (probably was forever) to be able to do a decent 3 and I was getting backflips and almost got rodeos in a day each. Its all about balls, knowing the body motion off the lip and committing - at least thats my thoughts at this stage ha.

Super pumped to try some more rodeos as I was landing 90 on toe edge and washing the last 90 to ride out. Also think I need more pop or a kickier jump. Will get footage when I’m landing consistently!

What I suggested in the other thread re backside 180s. Same applies here. It’s the same thing messing up your landing. I’m saying this purely from a theory-based analysis as I have never done a back rodeo, but it’s the exact same thing. Agree?

Still very much a beginner, but at the recent shred jez helped me learn 180s and attempting butters.
I had a lot of time in the park, going over the simple rails and the jumps.
Can now a lot more confidentially ride switch.
Thanks jez and Michelle !! X grin  shaka

Rosina - 02 September 2014 12:12 PM

Still very much a beginner, but at the recent shred jez helped me learn 180s and attempting butters.
I had a lot of time in the park, going over the simple rails and the jumps.
Can now a lot more confidentially ride switch.
Thanks jez and Michelle !! X grin  shaka

And my rails, I mean those tiny little flat boxes