The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photography Contest - SoHe 2010

Congrats! Definately earned this title and prize

Yeah, well done mate. I agree with Jeremy, I don’t think anyone can argue against your case for that prize. Congratulations!!!

Some of my favorites of Darrens,

Thank you Snopics!

Congrats Darren, well deserved grin

Photo(s) of the Season:

We had a panel of several industry judges including professional photographers, marketing managers of our sponsors and other brands, magazine editors, snowboard store managers, and other industry experts.

We asked all the judges to pick their 5 favourite photos, and to give them an overall rating out of 10. They judged the photos based on photography merit - the actual shot, creativity, quality, lighting, colour, contrast, angles, clarity, etc.

A few photos kept coming out on top, however there was no clear winner. One thing was clear; no matter which photo was picked as the best shot, it was always one of Darren’s photos.

I would like to congratulate SnoPics aka Darren Teasdale again, for not only winning Photographer of the Season, but for winning Photo(s) of the Season.

The quality of photos was so high this season! We would like to acknowledge f@tony, Brandy, EvanL, and bran_van, who all received positive comments and top five votes from the judges. We would like to award runner-up prizes to all of you, so can you please get in touch with me ASAP to organise your prizes.

I will be posting some of the best photos from the season, as picked by the judges. Thank you once again to everyone for participating this season. Well done to all of you!!  cool smile

Congratulations again Darren!
Cant wait to see which ones they picked

Runner-up prizes: Dragon DX goggles (with spare lens), Siege Audio Eleven headphones, Sandbox helmet (S/M or L/XL), and a clothing package.

First come, first served, so please get in touch with me ASAP. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or call me 0413 309 959.

SEASON HIGHLIGHTS:
(most these photos received acknowledgements from the judges).

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

SnoPics

f@tony

f@tony

f@tony

f@tony

f@tony

Brandy

Bran_van

EvanL

so many sick shots, im glad i didnt have to judge that.
I didnt realise f@tony’s goggle shot had a sequence in it! nice cool smile

Dibs on the headphones!!!!!

That’s awesome. I feel like I’m a bit of an outside in elite company to be honest.

rider26 - 26 October 2010 04:01 AM

SEASON HIGHLIGHTS:

f@tony

Brandy

Hehe, maybe we should send these off to Electric?!?! raspberry

Congradulations Darren.  Extreme respect and lots of evny.  smile

@Brandy
I think you just thought of the next advertising campain for Electrics.  I think that they should hire you as an advertising consultant. smile

Does anyone have any contacts at Electrics? I’d be happy to help!!!! raspberry

Real thanks must go to rider for posting them side by side, that was the only reason I noticed it!

I’ll bring you along as chief photography consultant as well Tony!

Done, you’ve all just witnessed the birth of our new advertisement consulting company.  Its an international enterprise with employees all over the world in Australia and New Zealand and prospective clients including Electrics and ... um, thats it for the moment smile

I’m not hijacking this thread, I just have a very short attention span.

snake
  WOW

Wow! Again

I am completely stoked.

Thank you so much to everyone involved,
All the crew at Boardworld.com.au, you guys have put together a sick site and cool comp.
All the sponsors (not mine, Boardworld’s, I don’t have any yet….....massive opportunity to get on board with me tho…. wink  )
Thanks to everyone who visited the site, I hope you all become members and contributors.
Massive thanks to everyone I rode and shot with this season, especially the Kiwis, you boys have total patience putting up with some of my demands.
Much respect to the judges, I am sure you guys had the hardest job going.
Heaps of respect and thanks to all the Boardworld members who make up such a fun, friendly and helpful site. Cheers to you all.
Congratulations to all the runners up; F@Tony, Brandy, EvanL and Bran_van. Thank you guys and gal for pushing me to improve my skills with a camera. I was pumped with the standard of the shots being posted…and sometimes jealous I hadn’t thought of the ideas being shown…..sequence shot in a goggle reflection blew me away….
Special thanks to Gamblor who gave me some awesome feedback - I hope the improvement was evident in my work. Cheers buddy.

Sorry if I turned it into a bit of a Logie’s speech…..I’m really stoked and humbled by this all.

Cheers grin