The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photography Contest - SoHe 2010

Exciting!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the winners. Do we get to see the judges shortlist as well?

Perisher’s Torah Bright Pipe 2010

Rider Unknown, TB Pipe, Perisher 2010, Photo by Darren Teasdale - SnoPics

Just as I thought about putting an entry or two in along comes ^that!

Did you boost the shadows Darren? Very nice of the Unknown rider to shade your lens.

SnoPics - 11 October 2010 10:49 PM

Perisher’s Torah Bright Pipe 2010

Rider Unknown, TB Pipe, Perisher 2010, Photo by Darren Teasdale - SnoPics

Incredible!

looks like the sun is burning his hand off!

Awesome shot.. sun on the hand almost looks like Iron Man…

I did basic levels, reduced the saturation on the orange base of the board and dodged some detail into the left arm that was heavily shadowed.

Rider- Liam Webb, Perisher 2010, Top of Leichardt Park, Photo by Darren Teasdale - SnoPics

^again wicked shot darren!

So sick!

Just a reminder, you all have till 11:59pm AEST this Friday to get in your entries.

I’ll throw in a few night shots we took. Hope you all like them.

I love long exposure night photo’s. I’ll get some I failed at posted.

Just went through all my shots from this year - nothing relevant for this comp except the moon shot I entered in the snowatch comp and feel even using another from that series is not right.

I only found a couple of shots of my mates taken by a co-worker, did a little processing but wasn’t going to put to much time into them.

Photo by Mandy Lamont | Rider Kurt Bowman (my BBB-Best Boarding Buddy) | RX comp Thredbo 24 August [5th place]

Photo Mandy Lamont | Rider Woodsy (Josh) | RX comp Thredbo 24 August [3rd place]

The RX comp was what I was training for when I busted my knee. These are two guy I do a lot of riding and surfing with. Woodsy has won Top to Bottom twice. As mentioned Kurt is one of my best mates. Both VERY FAST and talented all mountain riders.

Here is the photo I tried to post in the sticker comp.

Photo A.C.E. | Hotel VW-reflection of spaz| Thredbo carpark

And these are my night time fails.

MOON IN THE BASIN

I love the car pic spaz, very nice cool smile