The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Short Film Contest 2012

a heliboarding video from NZ

That was a sick edit, zhenjie!!!!!  shaka

Makes me wanna go heli boardin in NZ now!!!!! NOW!!!!!

zhenjie———————-killing it man. That video made me want to ride so so much. nice!

everyone should post their youtube and vimeo pages into this thread so people can easily find all your vids

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/7779/

Mizu Kuma - 30 September 2012 06:31 AM

That was a sick edit, zhenjie!!!!!  shaka

Makes me wanna go heli boardin in NZ now!!!!! NOW!!!!!

I’ll second that Mizu!!

I was lucky enough to do a day with Southern Lakes heli myself this year .... rode Black Peak and it was one of the best days of my life!!

Putting an iconic image closely associated with paedophilia on your helmet - that’s a thing?!

Hmmm .... didn’t pick up on that .... my ignorance may be showing tho??

it’s a meme helmet. sometimes you look into things way to much chucky.

Sweet edit. what would you say the average run time was - from top to bottom?

Awesome edit !!!!

I so want to go heli boarding now shaka

that was a sick edit. You scored!

Pretty sure that the whole point of the Pedo Bear is to mock the Rock Spider’s!!!!!

Love the edit Zhenjie!!

AJ2theC - 01 October 2012 07:14 AM

ohhh I’m not the best when it comes to judging time on slopes:). I would guess generally between 15-30 minutes from top to bottom however that includes planning our lines, stopping at various points to regather, waiting for people to drop, etc.

we had decent cover so did the max vertical Southern Lakes Heli ski would usually do (lowest pickup points). Like bracer we went up to Blacks Peak which is near treble cone.

zhenjie - 01 October 2012 07:27 PM
AJ2theC - 01 October 2012 07:14 AM

ohhh I’m not the best when it comes to judging time on slopes:). I would guess generally between 15-30 minutes from top to bottom however that includes planning our lines, stopping at various points to regather, waiting for people to drop, etc.

we had decent cover so did the max vertical Southern Lakes Heli ski would usually do (lowest pickup points). Like bracer we went up to Blacks Peak which is near treble cone.

what was the cost like? did you book a long time in advance or just wait until the last minute? what sort of beacon did they give you?