The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Trip Report Contest 2012

WELCOME TO THE 2012 SNOWBOARDING TRIP REPORT CONTEST!

This season we are giving prizes for first, second and third place. The total prize pool is $2500 in prizes.

The winner will receive $1500 in prizes from our sponsors and Boardworld.

Second place will receive $750 in prizes from our sponsors and Boardworld.

Third place will receive $250 in prizes from our sponsors and Boardworld.

Winners will be able to select prizes from our 2012 sponsors (see footer image below for sponsors).

WHAT MAKES A GOOD TRIP REPORT?

We are looking for inspiring storytelling, epic adventures, passion for snowboarding, funny moments, interesting people, fun times with friends, quality photography, quality videos - quality documentation to share your adventures with our community. A good trip report should consist of words, photos and videos.

HOW TO ENTER:

All trip reports must be posted as a new thread in the Mountains & Travel section of the forums.

Please title your thread as Trip Report: name-of-your-trip-report-here
i.e. Trip Report: Box Head’s 7 adventure through New Zealand

To enter this contest, you must post the link to your Trip Report into this thread.
i.e. My trip report is here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3325/

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Trip reports must be from the current 2012 Southern Hemisphere snow season.

You may submit one entry prior to July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST), and one entry after July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST). This will give you an opportunity to submit a trip report for an early season trip, plus a trip later in the season.

If you do not submit an entry prior to July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST), you may only submit one entry in total. You may only enter twice if your first entry is submitted before the July 31st deadline.

If you do submit two trip reports, they must be from two separate trips.

The winners can only win one prize. i.e. you can’t win first and third prize. We will count your best entry.

This contest closes on Sunday, September 30th, 2012 (6pm AEST). We may decide to extend the contest if the season is extended.

This contest is open to any trips in the southern hemisphere this season (Australia, New Zealand, South America etc). However we will only ship the prizes free of charge to an Australian address. The winner may have to pay additional charges if the postal address is out of Australia.

The winning trip reports will be chosen by a panel of industry judges.

Winners will be able to select prizes from our 2012 sponsors…

Just a reminder. You only have until July 31 to get your first entries in.

Box Head - 27 June 2012 07:32 AM

To enter this contest, you must post the link to your Trip Report into this thread.
i.e. My trip report is here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3325/

does this mean nobody has actually entered yet?

(seeing as i see no links)

yeh, no one has entered yet.

rider, question, can I do a TR of multiple days, even though they were not a part of the “same trip”? So for example, I did 5days, then a week later did another 3? Cant be combined into 1 report?

K2 I hope he says yes as your tr are quit good I really enjoyed your kayaking trs.

oh, haha, thats not the reason I want to do it. Just so my 2 weeks holidays I can count as 1 trip report.
If I combine Paddling into any of my snow trips, it will definately be included into the TR for here

Last year I was spewing, cos I didnt actually link my TR into the comp thread by accident and my opening weekend TR that included Mt Hotham riding, Mt Feathertop hiking and riding, and a day of paddling didnt get considered in the comp. was my own fault

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 18 July 2012 03:27 AM

Last year I was spewing, cos I didnt actually link my TR into the comp thread by accident and my opening weekend TR that included Mt Hotham riding, Mt Feathertop hiking and riding, and a day of paddling didnt get considered in the comp. was my own fault

I didn’t even see that tr send me a link. I am in USA so don’t get a chance o jump on her that often.

What I ment by first post was that I hope he allows you to combine days on snow in to ur tr coz I am sure it will be sick.

Its all in here mate https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2507/P0/ Like I said, it was my own fault for not posting it in the comp. totally forgot to teacherboy

That’s fine as long as you combine it all into the one trip report.

Awesome, thanks mate. Yeh it will be all in the one report. Just wanted to be able to make it 1 school holiday TR

Just finished typing up my Perisher trip report. In typical style it’s overly long and probably boring but once I’ve got some photos together I’ll post it up.

Thanks to the inspiration from this competition I posted a trip report here

Trip Report: DRC13 spends 7 nights at Perisher!
https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/6571/

Well I vote for DRC (cause I feature in it - hehe!)

ozgirl - 19 July 2012 09:09 AM

Well I vote for DRC (cause I feature in it - hehe!)

As per usual a well thought out and intelligent post from ozgirl!  shaka