The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Short Film Contest 2012

Hi guys, here’s my competition entry. This wasn’t filmed at the snow but actually in Newcastle. We make do with what we’ve got up here.

Keep shredding

Yeww

^ That was all kinds of awesome - because it showed that you don’t necessarily need killer snow/terrain and amazing riding to make a really FUN vid!

Great Vid Beau

This is right down to the wire!

Here’s my short film for 2012, SSX VIRTUAL.

I came up with the idea less then 24hr’s ago and missioned through it today, a three hour render had me stressing, but the video is up on vimeo finally!

Inspired by both the classic SSX playstation series and the increasingly apparent change in society and technology, this short film explores the concept of keeping virtual and reality separate, through the realm of snowboarding.

It was a hasty render and it’s the first time I’ve watched it through, definately a little rough haha, but hopefully you guys get the idea of what I was hoping to create!

Looking forward to another great winter season Yieww!

..better include the URL haha

its private…

Fanks Finney, cheers Chucky

I have lost the plot today ozgirl, been a heavy weekend! Thanks for pointing that out haha pretty key! It should work now smile... point and case. Vitual = Virtual. but you guys didn’t see that anyway

fmf - 14 October 2012 11:41 AM

I have lost the plot today ozgirl, been a heavy weekend! Thanks for pointing that out haha pretty key! It should work now smile... point and case. Vitual = Virtual. but you guys didn’t see that anyway

That is a very cool little vid. worth re-rendering and fixing the spelling cause I reckon its in with a shot at the title.

I filmed a fair bit of that guy in the red actually.
What camera are you using in the follow cam? very nice follow cam I must say.

haha very nice!!

Cool vid FMF!!!!!  shaka

This contest is closed. We will be announcing the winners soon.

Sorry, but the rules are stated clearly on the first page. So your vid is not likely to qualify for multiple reasons

THE RULES:

All filming must take place during the current 2012 Southern Hemisphere snow season.
in your youtube description you state it is drom last november

The film must be at least 2 minutes long and a maximum of 5 minutes long (including credits).

You must also use the Boardworld logo somewhere in your film. To download the high resolution PDF logo please click here (right click and select ‘Save Link As’). If you prefer to use the PSD vector logo please click here (right click and select ‘Save Link As’).

The film can be focused on anything related to snowboarding.

You may submit one entry prior to July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST), and one entry after July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST).

If you do not submit an entry prior to July 31st, 2012 (6pm AEST), you may only submit one entry in total. You may only enter twice if your first entry is submitted before the July 31st deadline.

This contest closes on Sunday, September 30th, 2012 (6pm AEST). We may decide to extend the contest if the season is extended.
AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time

This contest is open to any footage filmed in the southern hemisphere this season (Australia, New Zealand, South America etc). However we will only ship the prizes free of charge to an Australian address. The winner may have to pay additional charges if the postal address is out of Australia.
I could be wrong, but this looks like North America to me

Cheers guys,

Crackers - Camera is Canon 5d MKIII, I have it mounted on a Glidecam HD 2000, shooting with a 24-70mm f2.8…

I’ve discovered the best way to hold the camera when jumping with it, is to actually grab hold of the vertical component of the glidecam, neglecting the gimbal. If I hold it properly using the gimbal handle that glidecam gets thrown off balance on the rise of the kickers.. It seems the whole system combined is heavy enough to counteract most of the camera shake you normally get when using a handheld camera - That footage hasn’t been stabilised in any way either!

Other footage from rail lines etc when I don’t leave the ground I use the gimbal handle, gives it an even smoother effect.  Such a good investment for cutting shake out!

fmf - 14 October 2012 06:58 AM

This is right down to the wire!

Here’s my short film for 2012, SSX VIRTUAL.

I came up with the idea less then 24hr’s ago and missioned through it today, a three hour render had me stressing, but the video is up on vimeo finally!

Inspired by both the classic SSX playstation series and the increasingly apparent change in society and technology, this short film explores the concept of keeping virtual and reality separate, through the realm of snowboarding.

It was a hasty render and it’s the first time I’ve watched it through, definately a little rough haha, but hopefully you guys get the idea of what I was hoping to create!

Looking forward to another great winter season Yieww!

..better include the URL haha

That was rad! Such a cool idea