The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Aye dudes how’s it going nice little community you have going here.

Just got my first setup stoked to get over to NZ (First time out of country) in August and then hit up Perisher and Thredbo later on in the year.

Been thinking of nothing but boarding since it begun to get alittle chill keen to head down maybe earlier and just sleep in the van or something on the weekends.

Peace.

Hey treynolds, welcome to the Boardworld community. If you need any help with anything just let us know. smile

Well had a look through most of those progression videos and I’d say I’m rather competent in most of those things.

Just looking for a bit more info on tech and board and I guess just a broader general knowledge.

Was going to go the 2010 Ride Kink but changed my mind to the GNU Street Series 152 with Contraband Bindings. Pretty happy with my first purchase just have to pay it off now hahaha.

Am I correct in thinking that the Street is just a softer Skate Banana but with wider nose and tail? Any other major differences I should be knowing of?

Peace.

Did you have a look at the Freestyle section? We will be adding more to the Freestyle section soon. The backside 360 and frontside boardslide videos are really helpful, and Nev is currently workign on more videos for Boardworld.

I am not 100% sure about the Street. I will ask the Lib Tech rep tomorrow and let you know. Maybe start another thread about your board options in the Equipment and Products.

Product reviews will be up in less than a week. We are working on them right now.

I’m just going off what one of the kind sales people said at the local board store which was same tech, softer board with larger nose/tail under a different branding and at a lower price point. Unless it was all talk to make sure I stick with my purchase through them as they didn’t stock Libtech Skate Bananas at their store.

Sweet as cheers for that I’ll hit it up!

If the flex is different, it must have a different core or glass. I will find out for you…

Hey all, I’m a boarder from Sydney who tries to get as much shedding time as possible but not as much as I would like. Perisher is my local mountain and I ride a 2 season old atomic rapture

Great site and the guides and info are awesome

Welcome to the Boardworld community. If you need anything just let us know. smile

treynolds - 05 July 2009 09:34 AM

I’m just going off what one of the kind sales people said at the local board store which was same tech, softer board with larger nose/tail under a different branding and at a lower price point. Unless it was all talk to make sure I stick with my purchase through them as they didn’t stock Libtech Skate Bananas at their store.

Sweet as cheers for that I’ll hit it up!

Hey treynolds,

This is direct from the Lib Tech rep…

The street is basically a softer, wider skate banana.

The Street has a softer core than the Skate Banana.
They both have similar bases and laminates.

If you prefer a softer flexing board go for the street.
Otherwise shred the skate banana.
They both ride great they just have different flex patterns.

The Park Pickle is another good option.
It is similar to the Skate Banana but has an asymmetric side cut that evens out your turns.
It’s been the favourite at demo days so far.

Excellent thanks heaps rider26 put my mind at ease as to what I was purchasing knowing my dealer wasn’t trying to pull the wool over my eyes, which to be honest I didn’t really think he was as the folks down at that store have been fantastic to me and are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Just dropped down there today to check out my baby and am happy to know it is indeed the 2010 model, I just want to pay it off now so I can get shredding!!

No worries mate. Let me know how the board rides when you take it for a test run.

Will do man, I’m too pumped to wait for NZ in August so I think we will be hitting Perisher afew weeks earlier to let the boys get a taste of boarding before we hit the long white cloud!

Very interested to see how it rides after looking at it and can’t wait to see it with my contrabands on it! Pics as soon as I get it off laybuy!

Very happy I found this community heh thanks once again bro!

yo my names mike, up here in whistler loving the free stickers and contests

Not enough of yall have anything in the personal info section of your profile.
I at least put something…Silly but something.

Being in the US I’m online, it seems when most of you guys are all asleep, so when there’s little activity on the boards during my daytime (at work -he he), I’m all bored and stuff, so I peruse through some profiles… but dont find any satisfaction from your profiles.

Yo!

I have arrived