The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Tambazz - 01 July 2009 06:02 AM

Thanks Evan, I have one similar at home.
Its colors are a little different.

Shall get a photo when I head off mountain next.

I love old skate & snowboards.

There was the 1990 Mystery Air.
Which was also a Craig Kelly Signature board from the year before.
Same graphics but different colours.

After being poked in the right direction I’m here.

smile

Welcome to Boardworld Tobi smile

Evan, this is the board I was talking about from Hakuba. This was Craig’s actual board.

Also took this photo of a snowboard from approximately 1985.

^^
those bindings look… umm… comfortable.

Rider26, yeah i think that top one is a 1992 Craig Kelly

I just checked and the bottom one is from 1984

As i mentioned before, this site has a great list of all the old boards up to todays models.
http://burton.emptybottleworks.com/index.php

Sorry to all the others, we probably should have started a vintage board thread for all this smile

That purple one, thats the one I have. I think I had a ‘94 for my first snowboard, it was really dark purple. Will check out your link and see if its in there.

Welcome Tobi !!!!!! Great to see another Hotham local on board.

gday guys, sick website u got goin on!

heard perisha got sum solid snow…get down there eh! yee haa!!

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Can’t say I’m actually a local though Tambazz, although I seem to confuse the locals into thinking I’m one with the amount of time I spend up there.

Will drop into freezer on the weekend to say hi. smile

Catch ya then Tobes

Hows it going guys! cant wait to get back out there this season looks like it’ll be a great one, first post :D btw this site is awesome layout is superb!
btw im not the professional snowboarder Nick Baumgartner but that is my name raspberry

Welcome to Boardworld Nick. If you need any help with anything that’s what we’re here for.

JEREMY!!!...miss you..i finally got my arse into gear and logged in!...
Burton product launch is on..so ill see you at the lodge in August!...
Site looks great!
B x

Hey Beth,

Stoked you made it here! Yeaaaaah… I got the letter from Burton a couple of days ago. I will be there for the product launch from August 4 to 6. Can’t wait to ride the new gear and HANG OUT WITH YOU.

I hope all is going well at Falls Creek. How is the snow?

See you next month! smile

Hey Kids,
Might be one of the older posters on this forum grin

Am 34, having been riding for 15 years, have clocked up 300+ days of riding. Spent separate seasons in Whistler and Breckenridge and have totalled a couple of months of riding in Japan also (Niseko, Rusutsu, Nozawa Onsen).  Also a complete gear wh0re. Big advocate of “you get what you pay for” grin

Probably due to age, the park no longer interests me, however I am amazed at what these “young kids” can do nowadays. If there is no fresh snow for a few days, I tend to lose interest pretty quickly - its all about the powder for me smile

+1 and I love our riding and always aim to do at least 2 weeks a year. Last season was the first season we had not skied in Oz since 1995 and we can honestly say we do not miss it. Happy to bypass the Oz winters for other activities and save our $$ for overseas jaunts instead.

Heading to Heavenly for 2 weeks in January ‘10 so fingers crossed they get a few 3 foot dumps whilst we are there!

A favourite pic of mine is below - Niseko 2004 coming down from the peak…...thanks to whoever snapped this pic of me grin

Hey kort, welcome to Boardword! Good to see another familiar name join the community. There are quite a few members around your age (and older) on the forums. I have also done seasons in Whistler and Breckenridge. It’s great to see you are so stoked on riding, you will fit in perfectly here. Awesome shot by the way… love the spray!