The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome to the Boardworld community Caboose. cool smile

You seem to be poaching a lot of the SW crew.

wink

Caboose - 08 July 2009 05:16 AM

Yo!

I have arrived

hey cabby welcome to boardworld were people treat other people right and everything is warm and fuzzy!

Hello everyone
Looks like a promising internet group building here. Looking forward to when the surf (and skate) sections get running

Hey nic, welcome to the Boardworld community. There is a lot more to come…

If you need anything just let us know. cool smile

Hey all, just joined up. 22yr F only been boarding for 3 years, heading back to square one after a mass stack last yr at perisher breaking & fracturing my wrist. Looking forward to posting more. Cheers.

Ouch

Hey snowcrazy, welcome to Boardworld. Sorry to hear about your wrist, no injuries this year I hope. Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the community! smile

OUCH Snowcrazy, was that after being fixed and heal with a cast? or did you let it heal on it’s own?

snowslider this is a before I was attended to shot. I was sitting at the Perisher Medical Centre and was on a high cause I go to go on a skidoo for the first time LOL

12 months later I only have about 75% movement in my wrist but it hasn’t stopped me getting back on a board!

Are you going to physio to work on your range of movement? It’s really important to get as much of your movement back as possible.

Yep did physio but my whole bone (radius) moved restricting my movement.

Hey Everyone

I’m a recent convert, 15 M from Sydney.

Boarded for the first time last week at Thredbo, after a 2-hour beginners lesson with my brother,
and another few hours of messing around, I was able to confidently board down Basin and Karel’s
T-bar without stacking once

I’m really looking foward to joining the Boardworld Community, from what i’ve seen already, it looks Great!

snowcrazy - 15 July 2009 04:58 AM

snowslider this is a before I was attended to shot. I was sitting at the Perisher Medical Centre and was on a high cause I go to go on a skidoo for the first time LOL

12 months later I only have about 75% movement in my wrist but it hasn’t stopped me getting back on a board!

I know there a lot of differences between US and AUS healthcare systems, BUT
I know a guy that went o his doctors to see if his wrist injury allowed him to claim any amount of disability. He was determined to be (I foregt, but something like) 8% or 12% disabled… because of his limitations in his wrist after a snowboarding injury.

This earned him a large pay out!
I forget how much, but it was in the thousands… He explained that what they do is take tha amount that the human body is valued at… (that would be an interesting conversation to listen in on) and then pay out that percentage to him, because he’s disabled.

Of course, he’s really not disabled, but they made him do a lot of tests to establish how well he could really use the wrist etc.
Any chance you could do that and get some cash!???

LOL dunno snowslider sounds like a lot of effort. I have had to adjust my work due to my wrist, but not too much. It gave me an easier path to management LOL sitting at my desk all day!

snowcrazy - 16 July 2009 07:19 AM

LOL dunno snowslider sounds like a lot of effort. I have had to adjust my work due to my wrist, but not too much. It gave me an easier path to management LOL sitting at my desk all day!

A lot of work, but it pays well!
I suppose I could easily understand why some wouldnt want to do it, though.
I dont know if I could. I’m not fully sure why.