The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

a little pre season stoke

ess rail jam short

http://www.vimeo.com/4687244

Cool. Looks like a fun setup. What camera were you using?

PowNow - 13 June 2009 01:52 PM

Cool. Looks like a fun setup. What camera were you using?

it’s a panasonic NVGS-250 3CCD shot in 16:9

I hadent watched this video until now.
would you call that a down-down rail?

Definately a flat-down box.

ah, perhaps it is.
the flat part looked a little down, but on a second look - it’s a flat down.
I like battleship rails, flat rails, like about 4 or 5 inch wide or so.

flat down to terrible landing ... to be honest that setup was weak and the level of riding weak too.. for a contest with so much apparent hype. not to be a dick, just honest… was the setup super tight or somethin? everyone of those guys is hittin it straight up, not FS or BS, and there was like..bangers at start and falls at end ... musta been too much pre session drinks

they had girls riding too!

the riding did get a fair bit better! i was only filming for a little while, hence the short clip…i spent more time taking pictures than filming.
people were able to show up and register….ANYONE could enter, then they picked 10 of the best tricks/riders to make up a final group…thats when the tricks started to get thrown down, with 270’s on and off the box, switch presses and fairly tweaked lip and boardslides. 2 guys even did nollie front flips - one landed. all in all it was fun to be there and was a great relaxed atmosphere. heaps of locals came out with the kids and a lot of them had never seen this stuff before. (some of the shop staff even cleared a bench out for old people to sit at in the front row…there was probably a group of at least 8 or 9 70+ year old nans cheering away!)

Very nice pics.
I like the slams.

snowslider - 26 June 2009 01:37 AM

Very nice pics.
I like the slams.

The skiing was meh, pretty much screwed the LZ for everyone, i think that was the main problem with the landing transition at the wrong angle off the down. Even with people there shovelling snow around full time, pretty much every hit left a major soft spot for the next rider thus the falls on landing. I liked the look of the narrabeen one better with multiple features to hit and a better drop in.