The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Hi Jake…I know you wink

I just posted in the womens section lastnight, but thought I should introduce myself here as well. So, sorry for the deliberate ‘double post’!

Where do you live?
Currently living in Whistler. Originally from Victoria (right near Falls/Hotham), but spent the last few years in Canberra.

Do you snowboard, skate, and/or surf?
I mainly snowboard, but also really like longboarding. I got into skating a mini ramp back when I was in Aus, but I’m not much of a freestyle skater right now! I’ve tried surfing a couple of times, managed to stand up, but didn’t really get into it. I didn’t grow up anywhere around a beach, so I have no ‘water’ sense…it doesn’t come naturally to me!

What is your “home” mountain/beach/skate park?
I consider a few mountains to be my ‘homes’! So, I grew up riding Falls Creek mainly, but actually got married at Mt Hotham (went riding the morning of the wedding, which was cool). After spending the last few years in Canberra, Perisher really became my home mountain and I’ve even had the opportunity to do a fair bit of back country touring/split boarding across the Kosciuszko range.

Now I’m living in Whistler, it will be my home mountain for a while!

What made you join Boardworld?
My husband has recently connected with Jeremy here and they suggested I sign up. I’m always keen to chat with people about riding and the mountains in general. It’s something I’m pretty passionate about!

Tell us something interesting about yourself:
I’ve been riding for around 10 years now, but really only seriously for the last 6 or so, where I was able to ride 40+ days a season. I’m an APSI level 1 instructor, but will be looking to get my CASI level 2 in Canada this year.
I’ve been lucky enough to snowboard in a lot of places including all resorts in Aus, a lot of the major ones in NZ, and also Japan, US and Canada.
With my current job at Whistler Alpine Guides, I’m really looking forward to advancing my knowledge of the backcountry and mountains in general. This season, I’m looking to complete both my Avalanche Skills Training 1 & 2 certification, as well as crevasse rescue/glacier travel. I ride mostly all mountain freestyle/park, but I’m really keen to develop my big mountain/powder/tree riding skills, so a lot of splitboarding will be going down I think!

In addition to that, I’m a bit of a gear junkie/addict. I own way more boards and gear than any sane person should admit to. So, if you’re in the same boat, perhaps we should start an ‘snowboard gear addicts anonymous’ or something…

Backcountry chutes in Aus

Kirkwood, California

Rock drops in Aus (some of you who know Perisher well, might recognise this spot wink )

My current board collection in Whistler (I also have 3 back in Aus)

Skateboarding!

All new and improved DR1F7R…  ok, something went wrong with my account, and it dissapeared, except the name. So had to make a new one.

Hey DR1F7R, did you want me to try get into your old account? I can see what’s going on with it. Up to you…

Welcome to Boardworld, Lulu! Great to see you on here. shaka

Welcome Lulu and Jake!!

lulu_in_canada - 20 November 2014 05:46 AM

In addition to that, I’m a bit of a gear junkie/addict. I own way more boards and gear than any sane person should admit to. So, if you’re in the same boat, perhaps we should start an ‘snowboard gear addicts anonymous’ or something…

I dont think there is anything wrong with that. havent you ever heard of the formula?
the formula for the correct amount of snowboards/gear:
= n+1

where n equals the amount you currently own.

Jake - 19 November 2014 08:02 PM

G’day everyone, Jake here from Australia.

Only just discovered the forums on Boardworld, been watching the videos and facebook site for a while. Love snowboarding and i get to do plenty in Persher and the Kozi backcountry. I Will post a trip report shortly of Blue Lake chutes from last weekend, still enough snow to shred up there.

Look forward to reading, looking and watching all the vids from the impending season on the other side of the globe, i need something to get me through the off season here.

Jake

Hey Jake,

Sorry I didn’t see you on the previous page.

Welcome to Boardworld, buddy! shaka

LowGuido - 20 November 2014 06:52 PM
lulu_in_canada - 20 November 2014 05:46 AM

I dont think there is anything wrong with that. havent you ever heard of the formula?
the formula for the correct amount of snowboards/gear:
= n+1

where n equals the amount you currently own.

No, I hadn’t heard of that formula before…but I am happy to subscribe to that idea. R.I.P my bank account…

Welcome Lu and Jake! And welcome back Cheyne smile

Lu I fear I have the same snowboard gear buying problem as you! My collection of boards, bindings, pants, gloves etc. seems to be growing at an alarming rate! Been eying off a new 3cs jacket as well, never mind the fact my current jacket is only a year old!

Oh geez, don’t even get me started on outerwear…eeek. As a girl, I don’t like shopping at all. But as a snowboarder, get me into a snowboard store and BOOM! I’m a shopper on a rampage!

It’s a touchy subject for Dan, too.  red face

Haha I’m exactly the same! I’m a terrible girl when it comes to shopping but spend so much time at the snowboard shop all the guys know me by name. My fiance doesn’t mind though cos first thing on my post wedding shopping list is a new board for him!

Welcome Jake and Lulu!!!!! shaka

And welcome back, new improved Drifter!!!!!

Hi All,

Finally joining after getting hassled by the boss after getting her to ask all my questions raspberry
Been snowboarding since she dragged me to France and took me snowboarding for the first time. Fallen in love with it, and now try to plan all our holidays to involve snow.

Looking forward to being active on the forums, and hopefully meeting a lot of you at the shred next year after missing the last 2 years.

McCrankypie

Welcome aboard McC!!!!! shaka

And congrats on the wedding!!!!! (Hopin this guess is right?????)

Mizu Kuma - 03 December 2014 12:40 PM

Welcome aboard McC!!!!! shaka

And congrats on the wedding!!!!! (Hopin this guess is right?????)

Yep spot on. Thanks, she does scrub up well for a snowboarder