The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

DR1F7R - 31 August 2014 12:40 AM

Hey, I’m Cheyne. Have lurked the forums for a while, but only jsut got around to making an account. Started boarding and skating this year, after maybe a 10 year break when i used to ski and surf. So your looking for me down the slopes, ill be the one faceplanted in the ground with my legs in the air.
Im sure in the future ill be able to keep up and meet some of you for a shred.

Welcome to Boardworld, Cheyne. punch

Welcome on in, Drifter!!!!!  cool smile

Welcome cheyne! Might have seen you around blue cow at some point! Was there this past weekend and then was there for the last 2 weeks of August! If you’re down again in 2 weeks I’m back down and happy to do a few runs!! - always good to board with new people!!

Welcome Cheyne! I feel like I know you from somewhere…. :p

Thanks guys smile

air180 - 15 September 2014 10:49 PM

Welcome Cheyne! I feel like I know you from somewhere…. :p

hmmm, yeah your name kinda rings a bell ;P

EDIT:

h0z - 15 September 2014 08:26 PM

Welcome cheyne! Might have seen you around blue cow at some point! Was there this past weekend and then was there for the last 2 weeks of August! If you’re down again in 2 weeks I’m back down and happy to do a few runs!! - always good to board with new people!!

Yeah ill likely be down early next week, and mid week after. Come say hi if you see me, i dont bite, but i may crash into you raspberry

This is me, i have a white helmet on as well, but my hoods up so you cant see it. (my first ‘intentional’ butter)

Hey guys, I’m Nathan from Sydney.

Came across the forums whilst googling for board comparisons (I’m looking at a new Yes Jackpot or NS Proto HD). I started boarding about 3 years ago although I only really got into it last year after a trip to Queenstown…now I can’t get enough of it!

Hey Nathan,

Plenty of people here in Sydney. Both of those boards rock. I had a Jackpot in Canada and loved it until I left it outside and it got stolen :’( (Kind of my fault lol)

Dan has the Proto HD and he loved it last season. The few times I rode it were really good too, lots of pop and good edge control.

The Jackpot is probably better bang for your buck though as the neversummer would set you back an extra few hundred dollars and they are both fantastic boards.

Try to keep active and hopefully we’ll see you around (Sydney or the snow)

Thanks TJswish!

Yeah they seem really similar to me, at least according to reviews. Sucks that you had your Jackpot nicked, I’m always so paranoid about this when I leave my board outside cafes and stuff!

I’m definitely hoping to absorb all the boarding knowledge on here and maybe meet some new people to ride with grin

dudsies - 16 September 2014 01:21 PM

Hey guys, I’m Nathan from Sydney.

Came across the forums whilst googling for board comparisons (I’m looking at a new Yes Jackpot or NS Proto HD). I started boarding about 3 years ago although I only really got into it last year after a trip to Queenstown…now I can’t get enough of it!

Welcome to Boardworld, Nathan! shaka

I’ll check out your board comparison thread now.

Welcome.

lol, already not the newest person here xD

Hey

My name is Matthew Cheetham (Cheets) and I work for Trinity Distribution here in Australia
Been chatting to Jeremy and looking at posting more content and getting involved in the Boardworld forums.

You can check out what we do over on our website!
http://www.trinitydistribution.com.au

See yah soon

Welcome to Boardworld, cheets! Looking forward to working with you, mate! cool grin

Hello everyone,  I live in the middle of nowhere in the uk, waiting for the winter and to get up to Scotland.

Howdy, cheets and rural!!!!!

Welcome a board!!!!!

Make sure ya send us in some pics of Bonnie Scotland too, rural!!!!!

G’day everyone, Jake here from Australia.

Only just discovered the forums on Boardworld, been watching the videos and facebook site for a while. Love snowboarding and i get to do plenty in Persher and the Kozi backcountry. I Will post a trip report shortly of Blue Lake chutes from last weekend, still enough snow to shred up there.

Look forward to reading, looking and watching all the vids from the impending season on the other side of the globe, i need something to get me through the off season here.

Jake