The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Hi Everybody,

I’m Mitch, from Aus, I got into snowboarding this year. 3 weeks ago I went with the missus for a week to falls creek as a last minute tag along with a family group to learn the basics… came back with bruised everything, but we loved it so much so we’re going back this weekend and hopefully going snowboarding in Japan next year!

Anyway that’s my boarding experience (I live on the coast but have never surfed, so this might give me the boost i need to get amongst the waves this summer)
Look forward to reading and learning lots in these forums,
M

Welcome to BW, Mitch!!!!!

Good to see you’ve got the bug!!!!! shaka

Just be prepared to spend all your money on this new affliction from now on!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 13 August 2014 09:20 AM

Just be prepared to spend all your money on this new affliction from now on!!!!!

THIS!

Welcome Mitch shred

Welcome to the poor cluib Mitch!!!

ozgirl - 13 August 2014 09:54 AM

Welcome to the poor cluib Mitch!!!

ozgirl - 12 August 2014 03:24 PM

Shame they can’t structure the first para correctly!

I am not a professional body - i don’t care!

in my job I would lose it if I wrote the way i wrote on BW.

jah!
It’s more addictive than that other white powder!

ozgirl - 13 August 2014 10:50 AM

I am not a professional body - i don’t care!

in my job I would lose it if I wrote the way i wrote on BW.

“I’m just doing what any good editor would do”

LMB - 13 August 2014 10:51 AM

jah!

Icing Sugar?????

Mizu Kuma - 13 August 2014 10:59 AM
LMB - 13 August 2014 10:51 AM

jah!

Icing Sugar?????

well…
That’s fairly addictive too wink

brumbyyboyy - 13 August 2014 09:10 AM

Hi Everybody,

I’m Mitch, from Aus, I got into snowboarding this year. 3 weeks ago I went with the missus for a week to falls creek as a last minute tag along with a family group to learn the basics… came back with bruised everything, but we loved it so much so we’re going back this weekend and hopefully going snowboarding in Japan next year!

Anyway that’s my boarding experience (I live on the coast but have never surfed, so this might give me the boost i need to get amongst the waves this summer)
Look forward to reading and learning lots in these forums,
M

Welcome to Boardworld, Mitch. punch

Hey, I’m Cheyne. Have lurked the forums for a while, but only jsut got around to making an account. Started boarding and skating this year, after maybe a 10 year break when i used to ski and surf. So your looking for me down the slopes, ill be the one faceplanted in the ground with my legs in the air.
Im sure in the future ill be able to keep up and meet some of you for a shred.

Welcome to Boardworld shaka

DR1F7R - 31 August 2014 12:40 AM

So your looking for me down the slopes, ill be the one faceplanted in the ground with my legs in the air.

That could be any of us!!!

Where do you ride / skate?

Welcome to BW fam DR1F7R

Spent this season at Perisher (blue cow mostly), and have my season pass there for next year smile

Skating is pretty random, just around the lake in Kayleen, or the path near the AIS.
Have been to Belconnen skate park a few times, but tend to more watch than do anything, bit beyond me at the moment, lol.
(Im from Canberra)